Service brake (!) Visit workshop

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by saff, May 18, 2016.

1. saff

saff MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E220 CDI Avantgarde W246 B180 CDI Sport
    Hi all,

I got this dreaded display a little earlier today. I completed my short journey and on re-starting the car and driving home it has not returned.

I know its the SBC pump but is it normal for the display to not return after a re-start?

I'll take it to my local independent tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Steve :(

2. Justin1600

Justin1600 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Could be something as simple as a stop lamp switch. Needs to go on a Star Machine :thumb:

3. OP
    OP
    saff

saff MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S211 E220 CDI Avantgarde W246 B180 CDI Sport
    Cheers Justin.

I took the car to the independents but they could find nothing relating to the SBC bus mentioned that there were some old codes logged. They cleared them and told me to monitor.

The display flagged up on the way home.

I went for a weekend away and the display flagged a number of times but cleared when I changed the display with the steering wheel controls. Also a family member who was following behind said my brake lights flashed on and off briefly then they operated normally.
    I'm assuming this is not an MB feature?

I'm going to change the brake pedal switch as its only a few quid and that will hopefully sort that issue which may be the whole problem. Hopefully.

Steve