Service Brakes - Visit Workshop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AntMB

Car
Mercedes E270 Estate and VW Golf
Dreading this to be the SBC thing, since SBC hold doesn't work anyway.

But the only codes I keep getting after resetting is this one (found in the sensatronic section)

39650589123_9756266619_c.jpg

But also found this which I hadn't seen before (found in the ESP section)

32741447918_627f8e5a2e_c.jpg

Could this be down to an intermittent brake light switch?

Thanks

It says ‘historic’ so I am assuming that’s a stored code and not current?

‘SERVICE BRAKE - VISIT WORKSHOP’ normally means your SBC pump either needs replacing, or resetting (if possible) on STAR.

Get it on STAR for a definitive diagnosis...

Looks like it is the stop lamp switch.

I noticed that when I press the brake pedal, that the brake lights come on, then go off. Then on again if I press a bit harder.

SBC system is fine as SBC Hold and Stop works perfectly.

Looks like it is the stop lamp switch.

I noticed that when I press the brake pedal, that the brake lights come on, then go off. Then on again if I press a bit harder.

SBC system is fine as SBC Hold and Stop works perfectly.
I had my pump repaired and serviced by this guy. JohnnySBC . Very nice lad and you get invoice and 6 mnonths warranty aswell . Get in touch with him.

More likely to be brake light switch in your case
www.ecu-repair.co.uk

I had my pump repaired and serviced by this guy. JohnnySBC . Very nice lad and you get invoice and 6 mnonths warranty aswell . Get in touch with him.

More likely to be brake light switch in your case
www.ecu-repair.co.uk

Yes, the code reader says it's the brake light switch logging the faults. I've got a spare to fit when I get a chance, but lately it's been behaving itself since I removed the current switch to have a look (then refitted it).

You may need to do some sort of reset or bleed the brakes ( what i remember from my last conversation with this bloke johnnysbc )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom