Service care now covers mb cars of any age

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good to know.

But I am struggling to understand the benefit of this under 'payment options':

'Pay upfront.
Alternatively you can pay a single, upfront payment. This gives you the added benefit of being able to pass on any unused services if you sell your car.'

nigel cross said:
So what does it cover?
Bet it doesn't cover everything they do.

Not sure needs further investigation.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

They say that you can simply pay for your next 2 to 4 services (your choice) as ongoing monthly payments instead of a one-off payment when the service is due.

But there are no specific cost details so it is difficult to say whether there's also an element of discount included, or is it simply just the case of paying over a period rather than in one go.

Also, they only refer to scheduled servicing - so again it is not clear if it only covers the cost of 'A' and 'B' services, or if they also cover the cost of any of the 'additional items' such as ATF change, filters change, brake fluid change, spark plug change, etc etc. Either way it will presumably not include non-scheduled service items such as brake discs and pads, clutch, battery, etc. So in short this is probably not a 'warranty' plan as such - but simply a payment plan - a sort of 'Christmas Club'?

I think it is a nice ploy from MB to keep their service technicians busy.

Imagine the list of remedial works that they could 'find' on older cars ...

markjay said:
They say that you can simply pay for your next 2 to 4 services (your choice) as ongoing monthly payments instead of a one-off payment when the service is due.

But there are no specific cost details so it is difficult to say whether there's also an element of discount included, or is it simply just the case of paying over a period rather than in one go.

Also, they only refer to scheduled servicing - so again it is not clear if it only covers the cost of 'A' and 'B' services, or if they also cover the cost of any of the 'additional items' such as ATF change, filters change, brake fluid change, spark plug change, etc etc. Either way it will presumably not include non-scheduled service items such as brake discs and pads, clutch, battery, etc. So in short this is probably not a 'warranty' plan as such - but simply a payment plan - a sort of 'Christmas Club'?

They specifically state it includes the additional items, although ATF is not listed. There are I believe some other threads on this service - in general if you were going to use MB main dealers for your servicing it works out marginally cheaper because these items are included, plus they make a big play of the fact you are locking in your servicing costs so are not subject to inflation. For their part they get guaranteed cash flows today rather than possible cash flows tomorrow. For older cars out of warranty would have thought you would be better off using an Indie.

I don't understand why the plan costs £360 more for a used SLK than a new one, when they could both be identical models. :confused:

I don't understand why the plan costs £360 more for a used SLK than a new one, when they could both be identical models. :confused:

I was also wondering why that list didn't list the GL under used models either. I think their definition of used was over 12 months?

Last edited:
AMG Servce Care only applies to new cars though.

With most makes, the labour rates go down with the car's age in general, in order to optimise the income from the labour sale process (similar to how airlines sell seats for different prices at different stages prior to the flight to optimise income).

They are trying to sell it to me, but cannot tell me what is or isn't included.They have given me a price list and for the ML is:- 2 services £36.00 for 24 months or £72.00 for 12 months and so works out to be £864 for 2 services.
C class is £62.00 for 12 months for 2 services.
But what does it include??
All it says is" any manufacturer recommended items that are required on the service schedule will be covered, including brake fluid, spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter and screen wash"

The use of 'any... Including...' Suggests that ATF is included even if not mentioned.

As said, I am presuming that this only applies to scheduled service items, but not to other wear service items such as brakes etc.

That's not so bad then, i.e. if you are keen on dealer service, and even more so if the next service due is a 'biggie'.

I got a letter about this from M-B yesterday (for my 16 year old SL).

Mind you services are very reasonable at M-B Guildford already, because of the large discounts. So I suspect it won't be of any interest.

It was changed earlier this year (or possibly late last year) because there were lots of people who had sussed out that if they waited until just after the first A-service, a three-year contract covered services B, A and B for the same money as the A, B, A that MB would prefer. The side effect is that it also penalises owners of older cars who wish to maintain service in the main dealer network - which seems a bit perverse.
The use of 'any... Including...' Suggests that ATF is included even if not mentioned.
I questioned this when we took out Service Care on my wife's SLK350 earlier this year and I have a confirmation email (safely stored away!) that as an ATF change is a scheduled service item, it will be covered in the Service Care package, as is the sparkplug change. The dealership actually itemised all the scheduled service items over the lifetime of the proposed Service Care package based on our predicted mileage and gave a comparison of the service and parts cost inside and outside the Service Care scheme. Service Care worked out slightly more than £600 cheaper for 3 services over 36 months at 10,000 miles pa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom