Service Care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonyC75

Car
E220
Hello,

Picked up a new E Class on Saturday and am considering taking out Service Care cover. Does anyone have any experience of this? Is it worth it?

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Tony

If it's a new E class it should be about £26 a month, which is about the same as what I'm paying for my 204 Coupe.

Go for I say, will save you a bit on the long run.

My understanding is that ServiceCare goes by period, not by number of services?

If so then it is best to purchase it just before the next service is due (I think it has to be at least 30 days prior, or such like), or better still before the next B service, assuming the offer is avalible to older cars.

This will also help to 'capture' more of the 'additional items'.

Personally I did not go for it at the time because I was disillusioned with MB dealer service, but this is another story.

My understanding is that ServiceCare goes by period, not by number of services?

If so then it is best to purchase it just before the next service is due (I think it has to be at least 30 days prior, or such like), or better still before the next B service, assuming the offer is avalible to older cars.

This will also help to 'capture' more of the 'additional items'.

Personally I did not go for it at the time because I was disillusioned with MB dealer service, but this is another story.

Daft question, but does what you've said mean I can buy into the scheme just before the service is due? I know I'd then have to keep paying it for another 11 months afterwards but as you say, as far as consumables go it could be beneficial! I'd have thought mb were wise to such a trick and have rules in place to stop it - any further info?

What I was told by my dealer was that you can actually buy the service care on the day of the service rather than before...saves paying into it for a few months before the first service is actually due!

I was quoted for number of services in a period. When I bought the car the supplying dealer offered £40 per month over 2 years and 2 services. When visiting my local dealer I was quoted £80 for 2 services in a 12 month period, so I don't see how you can win.

I was quoted for number of services in a period. When I bought the car the supplying dealer offered £40 per month over 2 years and 2 services. When visiting my local dealer I was quoted £80 for 2 services in a 12 month period, so I don't see how you can win.

Are you certain these were official MB ServiceCare deals?

Some garages run their own service plans.

Also, the limit on number of services is because the service is also mileage-dependant, and they are trying to avoid having to frequently service taxi-style-mileage cars.

Are you certain these were official MB ServiceCare deals?

Some garages run their own service plans.

Also, the limit on number of services is because the service is also mileage-dependant, and they are trying to avoid having to frequently service taxi-style-mileage cars.

Just checked and found the same on MB website.

I previously looked at this for my '08 C320. The best deal would be to have three services over 2 years and time it so it's two B's and one A service. Ideally you'd want one of the B's to coincide with the 4th year service (on a C class).

If you cost it out it's like an interest free loan. It depends if you want to use the 'collect' option and take advantage of Mobilo.

BTW if you want the two services over two years I was told you have to do this at least three months before the first service is required.

I actually took out a Service Plan then cancelled it (within the 14 day cooling off period) due to poor service from an MB dealer.

BTW if you want the two services over two years I was told you have to do this at least three months before the first service is required.

That's what I was told too, when I took out four years cover.

Lowest price for a new E Class is £29 for four years, or you can pay a lump sum. As I see it the problem with the lump sum payment is that if you sell the car you get nothing back, whereas with monthly payments you can cancel, though I think there's a comparatively small admin fee for this.

Advantages of the scheme to me are that there's a guarantee against inflationary price rises as you are paying the same monthly payment at the end of, for example, a four year period, and that you get free European breakdown service which includes courtesy cars, and which having read a few threads, is a good service. Saved me the cost of my Green Flag membership.

There are other threads on this subject and opinion is mixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom