service code vs items vs additional work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zoneduk

Car
B170
for my w245, a B service is due - so using the wealth of knowledge that this forum has, I have managed to get into the ASSYST to try to establish what is required for the upcoming service.

Service Codes - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

It is so that the 'items' are the mandatory items as part of the service, and 'additional items' are part of an elective or future service ?

Further what role does the service code play ?

In appreciation

J.

J.

Having just been through this on my S211, I believe "Addit. Items" shows a list of things you are able to add to the service and then have confirmed as part of that service.

For example, I've just had the brake fluid changed, roughly coincident with me doing the oil and filter change, so I added item 6 (brake fluid and underbody check) to the list before confirming the service by selecting it from Addit. Items. It then showed up on the "Service Items" list (IIRC), so the car now knows it's been done recently.

It's not the most user-friendly way of presenting it, but then it isn't intended for the users.

Hope that helps - it's just my understanding of how my car works, so don't take it as gospel truth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom