Service costs: UK vs Europe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pb33

Car
2004 W211 E320CDI Avgde Estate
I have a "C" service due in 1000 miles. Could I save money by servicing in France (and combine with a holiday)? Has anyone looked into this?
Paul

I've only ever done this in Germany - had a CLK serviced and resprayed there. Significantly cheaper, but did rely on a friend of mine who could speak fluent German being about to translate. However the quality of the work was superb.

I'd guess that most of the dealers in the north near the ports can speak English as well given the import situation. Give it a go.

My C service in Luxembourg for an S211 E, was 298 Euros. Of this 128 Euros was for 7.5 Litres of oil.

1 Euro = 1 Pound as far as servicing costs are concerned. Labour and parts seem to be about 30% cheaper.

Back in September 2004, the MB dealership at Sermoise-sur-Loire (just outside Nevers), were charging 51.90 Euros per hour plus tax @ 19.6% -
Total 62 Euros per hour.

Just had an oil service on my 124 (equivalent to a A service I suppose) with coolant and brake fluid change for €319 at Gorrias MB in Boulogne-sur-Mer. Their labour rate is €56+VAT per hour. You can have a courtesy car if required but get it insured via your insurer before: the excess on the garage insurance is €3800!! They had quite a few 124s on site including some GB ones. Upon asking the receptionnist one of their technicians has been there for over 20 years and knows the car well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom