Service countdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funky time

Car
E280 Avant Garde
How do you reset the service counter? I've got an E280 saloon and have just done an 'A' service myself - no great shakes, quite proud of myself really.

But...

It still says - service in 900 miles. Any ideas?

Thanks

FT

Hi - It goes something like this...

Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock and immediately press button 0 twice within one second.

Turn key back to position 0 in the ignition lock.

Press and hold button 0.

Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock.

Keep button 0 pressed.

Service display with current remaining distance or remaining time appears.

After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the service display with the new starting distance or starting time appears for about 10 seconds.

Release button 0.

Cheers
Nick

Hi nick

Button '0'? Where is button 0? Ive got the electronic key with boot, lock and unlock on it and on the dash, I've got an up, down and a 'R' button. Can't find '0'.

David

Button 0 is on the dashboard, right on the edge of the speedo/tacho console. its the one you press to see the service countdown

no button 0. As I say, up, down and R.

Tried it with the r button but nothing happened.

David

:confused: Sorry. Hopefully someone else will pitch in and help

In order to see the service countdown, I use the buttons on the steering wheel. hhmmm, I wonder...

Funky time said:
How do you reset the service counter? I've got an E280 saloon and have just done an 'A' service myself - no great shakes, quite proud of myself really.

But...

It still says - service in 900 miles. Any ideas?

Thanks

FT

Not quite an A service in dealer terms but a service all the same, when you re-set the computer please let us know the estimated mileage before its next service to do this press the 0 button (the one you reset your trip millage with)twice quickly it may read something like x0000 thousand mile to service it will be intresting to see what it reads

Last edited:
If only I could!

Still no '0' button. Been out and looked again. Still not there.

Buttons on steering wheel, three on the dash. No '0'.

Any more ideas?

David

Funky time said:
If only I could!

Still no '0' button. Been out and looked again. Still not there.

Buttons on steering wheel, three on the dash. No '0'.

Any more ideas?

David

Do you have a button below the speedo that you can push in and out to change a display between the total mileage covered by your car and a interim mileage (say as though you wanted to work out your miles covered in between fill up's) well if so this is the 0 button.

If your buttons on your steering wheel does this, then that will be your 0 button, The 0 button is the one were you can alternate between the total mileage covered and a interim milage on the odeometer reading,which is displayed on the speedo.

The 0 button is more then likely to be the in the center of the three that you said that you can see on the dash.

Hi Paul

The buttons for toggling up and down the computers screens are on the steering wheel.

I shall go and have a play and see if I can change anything. So far, all I've done is reset the trip meter.

Cheers

David

Funky time said:
Hi Paul

The buttons for toggling up and down the computers screens are on the steering wheel.

I shall go and have a play and see if I can change anything. So far, all I've done is reset the trip meter.

Cheers

David

Hi David
The button that you have used to reset the trip, IS the 0 button.

Hi all

I've tried all that has been advised and all that happens is that I reset the trip odo. The service countdown still says that it is due in 900 miles. Thanks for the oil change but 900 miles.

I've even tried many combinations of all three buttons and key positions and no success. Yet.

any more ideas?

David

nickmann said:
Hi - It goes something like this...

Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock and immediately press button 0 twice within one second.

Turn key back to position 0 in the ignition lock.

Press and hold button 0.

Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock.

Keep button 0 pressed.

Service display with current remaining distance or remaining time appears.

After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the service display with the new starting distance or starting time appears for about 10 seconds.

Release button 0.

Cheers
Nick

Hi David use the button that you used to reset the trip along with the instructions above.

If that fails i have not got a clue!

Apart from taking it to the dealers and ask them to show you.

Hi Paul

Looks like it's a dealer for me. Wonder if they'll show me?

Regards

David

Done it!

Jus so's you all know, on an E280 saloon, circa 2000 with the multifunction steering wheel, this is how you reset the service countdown.

turn the key to position 2

Scroll through the menu's using the buttons on the steering wheel until it shows the spanner and tells you that you need a service.

Press and hold the'R' key

After a few seconds, the message "Do you want to reset the service interval? Press R to confirm"

Release 'R' key and then press and hold it again.

After a few seconds, there is a beep and the counter is reset to 10000 miles.

Well done all

David

More like Well Done You.

Glad you have sorted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom