Service counter reset...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carrsey

Car
E280 CDi Avantgarde
As im new to the world of MB will no doubt have plent of questions in the near future..

So here is my first one, i was planning on using my usual mechanic for servicing etc, he is about the only person i trust with my motors and fairly priced but i doubt he will be able to reset the servive indicator. Will MB dealers be happy to do this when they havent carried out the work or will i have to go to them for the servicing..

It is just a sequence involving the ignition switch and pushing the buttons on the steering wheel in the correct order. Cant remember the precise sequence but no special equipment is needed.

It is just a sequence involving the ignition switch and pushing the buttons on the steering wheel in the correct order. Cant remember the precise sequence but no special equipment is needed.

Happy days, saves some mither and expence..

Ok next question, who knows the procedure..

So here is my first one, i was planning on using my usual mechanic for servicing etc, he is about the only person i trust with my motors and fairly priced but i doubt he will be able to reset the servive indicator.

That doesn't compute.

If he can't manage that then what else won't he be able to manage:crazy:

That doesn't compute.

If he can't manage that then what else won't he be able to manage:crazy:

I just thought he may need some kind of special Merc tool to reset it.
On my last RS he did a full forged engine build for me amongst many other things, trust me he can work wonders with a spanner..

I've got the same problem with my 2007 Viano W639 i.e. I can't reset the service counter. I been trying all the solutions on offer both on this forum and others for over 600 days. Does it have to be reset with a plug in device?
djl

Thanks for the replies, but I've been told I've left it too long and it needs resetting with a multi-plexor. I can't afford one of those so for now I'll leave it.
Thanks again,
regards,
djl

Thanks for the replies, but I've been told I've left it too long and it needs resetting with a multi-plexor. I can't afford one of those so for now I'll leave it.
Thanks again,
regards,
djl

I have reset my mates Vito which had not been reset for almost three years by using the standard turning the key pushing buttons method without any issues.

TJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom