service due in assyst ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
W163 ML 270 CDI - 05' reg - can you tell me how to interogate the instrument buttons to show next service due - also will it tell me the service type due ie A/B/C/D etc ??

thanks

Stuart

With odedometer showing press the upp arrow button until the miles to service is displayed.

On the W163 you just need to press the trip odometer reset button one or two. You'll see a number with a spanner:

The number is the number of miles to your next service. One spanner means it will be an A service, and two spanners means it will be a B service.

Beware though, they have a habbit of switching from one to two spanners as your approach or pass 1000 miles to go.

Check and top up your oil to extend the number of miles to go until the next service is due. I have a sneaky suspicion that if you extend it too far then it will switch to a B service.

The number is the number of miles to your next service. One spanner means it will be an A service, and two spanners means it will be a B service.

Beware though, they have a habbit of switching from one to two spanners as your approach or pass 1000 miles to go.

The C32 has been on one spanner (A service) all the way down to 1400 miles to go. Today it switched to two spanners (B service) with 1300 miles to go.

Grrr!! That's doubled the cost of the next service!! :doh:

Hope someone can help. Thinking of purchasing 2006 C180K Classic SE petrol auto est, but previous owner's services very irregular:
Service 1 - 17048 Miles (A) Service
Service 2 – 43214 Miles (A) Service
Service 3 – 56823 Miles (B) Service
Could this be down to ASSYST or just lax owner? Seems very high mileage between services and why two A's in a row? Could this have done serious damage to engine? To buy or not to buy?

That will be a motorway user I suspect hence the long intervals. It could be a lax owner also. There is no real way of telling.

Hope someone can help. Thinking of purchasing 2006 C180K Classic SE petrol auto est, but previous owner's services very irregular:
Service 1 - 17048 Miles (A) Service
Service 2 – 43214 Miles (A) Service
Service 3 – 56823 Miles (B) Service
Could this be down to ASSYST or just lax owner? Seems very high mileage between services and why two A's in a row? Could this have done serious damage to engine? To buy or not to buy?

Might be helpful if you could put some dates against them too..but 26,000 miles between services would make me wonder....especially as it only then had an A service.

My car has had 4 services now
B,B,A,A....
the last one was an A as i booked it in 1200 miles early.
You also want to see what extra work has been done.... ATF, filters, brake fluid / discs/ pads etc

Last edited:
That will be a motorway user I suspect hence the long intervals. It could be a lax owner also. There is no real way of telling.

Thanks for your reply. Are these sort of intervals normal/possible then for motorway driving - I mean is it possible for the assyst to leave it so long without recommending a service?

Thanks for your reply. Are these sort of intervals normal/possible then for motorway driving - I mean is it possible for the assyst to leave it so long without recommending a service?

when the dealer fills in the service book -- if the mileage is under the amount required before a service he will put +xxx miles in - if it is over the amount he will have put in -xxx miles.

So for example if the service was due at 14,000 miles and it was serviced at 13,500 he would put in +500 ...have a look in the service book that should give you your answer.

Assuming 13,000 intervals,

First service overdue & not done until 17,000.

Second service missed at 30,000 , not done until 43,000. (unless B service at 30,000 - book not stamped?)

Third service at 56,000.

That's my theory!

Russ

No, that car will have needed servicing more often. Its been srimped on
crazy.gif
:( I'd walk away and get one with a less patchy past.

Last edited:
thanks for all your advice and help - have decided to try and find a less dodgy prospect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom