Service for SL55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
I've had the SL for 18 months and 2300 miles, it's asking for a service A, since I've had it everything wet inc ABC has been changed by mb Wirral and it runs sweet as a nut. On initial collection and to get a tick sheet from MB Chester I got them to regas it (not really needed but I'm obsessive) it got all ticks I was chuffed and it was on their system ;-)

So at 34k service A, in my head £250 - no justification just felt that's the cost and the reason for an MB service not Steve and rob is purely SBC and resale, (I think a perspective clued up potential buyer would know a MB service history is more likely to get you a free SBC)

Called Chester, got a clued up lady who found my car on the system, informed me of a 7+ year offer from MB and that the basic service is £159 I booked in immediately and booked a loan car at £15 for insurance.

Truly excellent service and a good initiative from MB - lets see how the actual service goes.

Whist I'm here the 760i is going into Williams Liverpool to put right some of the stuff not done on pre delivery - the phone support and attitude has been marvellous with real product knowledge and a genuine feeling of wanting my (free) business - lovely. I will also report back on this experience as I've not been near a BMW dealer for 9 years.

This 7 year value service from Inchcape looks amazing value

Fixed Price Servicing - Service - Inchcape Mercedes-Benz

It doesnt say AMG exempt and at £159 for a basic oil change and service (A) well the oil isnt far off that alone!

I know they are doing this to get the extra work but not from me - lets see what job they do plus I get Mobilo for another year and the check sheet will be valuable if I was to sell the car.

I know but it's a cheap oil change and gets me Mobilo I will get it extra serviced at mb Wirral - will be interesting to see what they stamp on the book. Picking it up later

Are you likely to get a stamp in the book for this??.... It will appeal to the people who think of an oil and filter change as a service.... And a car thats say over 10 years old....

Of course its abit more than a simple oil and filter change, it say it includes the following:

• Visual brake inspection
  • Check tyres
  • Check wipers and washers
  • Check seat belts
  • Check suspension components
  • Inspect Poly-V belt
  • Brake fluid level
  • Power steering fluid level
  • Check lights
  • Re-set service indicator
  • Oil and filter change
  • Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts
  • Free service measures updates
  • Free car wash
In which case that ample to keep an old work horse going.....

Called to say I needed an A and they have actually done a full A for £159 because the car needed it - totally over the moon with price and attitude. No extra work needed and ready to collect.
Gold star for Chester

Just been quoted £149 incl VAT for the above for my W124 cabriolet by Hughes of Beaconsfield..... If anything else comes to light in the visual check I could always go else where to get that done, or if the price is similarly reasonable, could get it all done at once....

My local indy would be chaging me similar or perhaps more iirc and id have to travel further..

tempting....

EDIT: Book gets stamped as well...

The oil alone would have been £120+ vat on a normal MB schedule, I see what they are trying to do and its all of Inchcape not just Chester. Having the heath check, the Mobilo and the stamp make it a bargain - Im not normally a main dealer fan boi (sic) but this is praise indeed. Pity the washed it - need to get it rewashed now

I can't see how they can do it for that price!! They must be loosing money on every job??

Eight liters of oil £60 costco oil filter £5 hours labour £10 - job done.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

BlackC55 said:
I can't see how they can do it for that price!! They must be loosing money on every job??

The service guy said as much, but they haven't said "no AMGs" and when they saw it on the job sheet they had already decided to do a full A.

I'm not sure they would lose on other cars as most would need some work - they were pushing wipers etc buy they admitted my car needed nothing at all they even didn't charge for the loan car !!!!

I got similar great service at MB Warrington (part of the same Inchcape group). Really went out of their way and I couldn't fault the price (B service for me and not an AMG though).

Kwik fit charge £54.95 for oil/filter for amg models.

I bet the value service isn't priced using fully synth oil. Some of the work listed is more extensive than an A service - checking the aux belt springs to mind, but it's easy to imagine why they included that!

Re service pricing generally, I've perhaps mentioned before that my daughter's VW is on VW's 3 yr £299 service plan - the salesman pushed it and seems like a no-brainer to buy it.

Took it for first service to VW Chester and, to my surprise, they offered me a copy of the invoice they send to VW. £68, inc parts, labour & VAT! The dealer would have been better off just telling me to pay as I go and offering to service the car for £99 instead of their rack price of £179.

Rory said:
I bet the value service isn't priced using fully synth oil. Some of the work listed is more extensive than an A service - checking the aux belt springs to mind, but it's easy to imagine why they included that!

Re service pricing generally, I've perhaps mentioned before that my daughter's VW is on VW's 3 yr £299 service plan - the salesman pushed it and seems like a no-brainer to buy it.

Took it for first service to VW Chester and, to my surprise, they offered me a copy of the invoice they send to VW. £68, inc parts, labour & VAT! The dealer would have been better off just telling me to pay as I go and offering to service the car for £99 instead of their rack price of £179.

They used Mobil 1 for my service but your right I bet Mob1 wasn't costed in the biz plan

As Oxford are an Inchcape dealer and know my car inside out (they did all the warranty work on it!) I might well try this "service" out when my next oil change comes up, plus another health check sounds like a good idea!! :D

BlackC55 said:

Squeezes guys like you out though innit....

It's a tried and tested business model.

I wouldn't have had any extra work done though, I really wanted the tick sheet as we 'may' have to part company soon and the tick sheet is a valuable selling aid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom