service history missing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
Purchased C220d (2017 model)cabriolet from MB dealer, at hand over said can not give me any paper work and will email me, now have an email with 1 service showing - A service done the day before I picked car up.

Questioned sales rep and said that's all service dept gave him, yet hes saying it has full service history car has done 39K miles, so would assume it has had more than just this one service.

Cant log onto Mercedes me as they still not done change of keeper online with DVLA,

Does this seem a bit strange or is there a way I can get/check the service history, it is a 1 owner car, again I've got seen the log book as only got the green slip to tax it.
MOT was emailed to me

Seems to be a request here more and more now.

Every salesperson will always say Full Service History regardless of what they know.
They won't check.

If the dealer can't supply it tell them to have the car back as it's not as described.

I've been in 2 minds all day about just going and giving it back, did a part exchange and financed a small part.

Day 2 now and already finding problems.
1) tail gate does not swing open only unlatches - I know springs need to be changed or adjusted but should have bee done.
2) rear electronic wind deflector not working.
tyre gunk bottle missing.

Going to email Mercedes UK and if no joy its going back, as nice as it is come sale time its going to be a nightmare.

Advert says Last Service Done in October 2020 at Mercedes SUA (Mercedes-Benz Of Stratford Upon Avon), MOT Expiry 06/10/2021.
MOT was also done by MB SUA

Does this mean it was overdue ?

Performed services Service Service A
Workshop code Not available
Remaining time -924 Days
Remaining distance -23490 mls

If you put the reg in to we buy any car .com it will come up with the no of previous owners also total car check will give you the date of last v5 issued and if its been for sale before

Nope they ask me how many owners its got.
DVLA vehicle enquirey tells me Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 7 August 2017

So it will be 0 previous owners just see now if it was for sale before the recent service? I can't see a 3 year old car not having a FSH it just wouldn't make sence but as mentioned above your not the 1st person to question it

Just keep pestering the dealer for the service history.... chances are the service department just didn't print it out for the sales team.

Based on posts on here this sounds about par for the course for MB main dealers now. Of course it has full service history sir; there you go one service yesterday. That's the full service history. Did you mean to ask whether the car has a full service history in line with MB's recommended schedule?
And did you assume that we would give the car a thorough inspection before we sold it to you as "approved used"?
Of course they will want to see the MB service history when you come to sell it so I would suggest that you get the details confirmed quickly and if you are thinking of taking the car back and getting your px returned to you then you will need to act very fast.

So it will be 0 previous owners just see now if it was for sale before the recent service? I can't see a 3 year old car not having a FSH it just wouldn't make sence but as mentioned above your not the 1st person to question it
Nope which webuyanycar are you using, it does not give any information, apart from a valuation

Based on posts on here this sounds about par for the course for MB main dealers now. Of course it has full service history sir; there you go one service yesterday. That's the full service history. Did you mean to ask whether the car has a full service history in line with MB's recommended schedule?
And did you assume that we would give the car a thorough inspection before we sold it to you as "approved used"?
Of course they will want to see the MB service history when you come to sell it so I would suggest that you get the details confirmed quickly and if you are thinking of taking the car back and getting your px returned to you then you will need to act very fast.
Going back tomorrow, face to face (social distancing) either I get full print out or cancel the sale get my part exchange back and cancel finance.

If you don't mind put the reg on here
Goto total car check put in the reg scroll down for all the info and near the bottom it will tell you when it was advertised for sale

Previously Seen Adverts​

We have seen this registration advertised with the following details:
DescriptionMercedes-Benz, Diesel, Grey, 2143cc
Date Seen14 October 2020
Price£21,981
Mileage37,482 miles

Again based on previous posts on here you will have a battle on your hands. Be ready for them to tell you that your px has already been sold or sent somewhere else.

I have the latest log book to my part exch as I was waiting for it after number plate was put on retention.

Will update tomorrow

If you put the reg in to we buy any car .com it will come up with the no of previous owners also total car check will give you the date of last v5 issued and if its been for sale before

At least its showing 0 previous keepers, thanks for the link
Registration
KF17UZE
Registered
07/08/2017
Make
MERCEDES-BENZ
Transmission
AUTO
Model
C CLASS
Engine Size (cc)
Fuel
DIESEL
CO2 (g/km)
Power (kw)
Previous Keepers
Year
Current Keeper
07/08/2017
Import
False
Vehicle Type
Car
Colour
GREY

Advert says Last Service Done in October 2020 at Mercedes SUA (Mercedes-Benz Of Stratford Upon Avon), MOT Expiry 06/10/2021.
MOT was also done by MB SUA

Does this mean it was overdue ?

Performed services Service Service A
Workshop code Not available
Remaining time -924 Days
Remaining distance -23490 mls
That looks like the service is 2.5 years overdue to me, that is to say it has never been serviced, or more accurately the service record has never been updated..

The situation could be explained it the car was serviced outside of the main dealer network, but equally it could mean that it hadn’t been serviced at all.

If the sales person told you it had full service history but cannot prove it - and this is at a Mercedes main dealer - then that’s misleading and there’s no excuse.

Pwraonalyy I would reject the car for this reason if they produce the service history today, showing that it had been serviced in line with the manufacturer’s schedule.

Why does it say it’s an import (2 posts above ?)
It doesn't. It says:
Import
False
In other words, it's the line breaks that are the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom