Service history on main database

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
I have often suggested that the service history of modern Mercedes-Benz might, or should be held on a main database. I have been told this does not happen, but I am still far from convinced.

Today I contacted Mobilo on their European free-phone number and before arranging for a technician to come out to our home address, the operator checked to see when our vehicle had been serviced. Not only did they tell me when this was done, they also said where, plus, they also told me about the latest visit to the workshops. Having this database in my opinion is a good idea and will hopefully help car owners who are not sure of their car's service history.

John the Mobilo speller

It's certainly a good idea.

BMW and Audi/VW do this and it makes a used purchase much easier.

Before making an offer on my S4 I was able to reassure all my other invetigation by caller my local dealer who was able to tell me the history on their computer matched the service book, the mileages matched, it had not missed any main dealer services and it had had all required recalls.

Oddly VW couldn't tell me quite so much about the Golf, but the fundamental information was given.

I'm pretty sure MB knew the service history of my C230K when it was diagnosed with a failed ECU and not being in for a service they did not have the service book, nor had that dealer serviced it previously.

Servicing/warranty/recall work will be the MB central system BUT additional job orders raised will not be on the central system!!!

Servicing/warranty/recall work will be the MB central system BUT additional job orders raised will not be on the central system!!!
Hi Flash,
I have no idea about that, but the telephone operator tolds me about the cars last visit where it had an electrical fault sorted out. That was just a breakdown?

John

Could be quite possible that they have now changed things then - was the electrical fault sorted under warranty?

Could be quite possible that they have now changed things then - was the electrical fault sorted under warranty?
Hi Flash,
Good spotting, just. This latest saga is just outside the warranty.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom