service indicator display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dss

Car
w204 2010 c180 cgi, w203 c180 kompressor 2003, 1988 190e classic
Hi guys,

can someone pls help.

My C180 '03 was counting down to its service with 3200 miles to go.. then on new years day its suddenly displaying that the service is due in 30 days!!... and a couple of days later its still counting down and today is 27 days..

its done 15300 miles... pls help??

cheers
d

:confused:

It means it has not been serviced in nearly 2 years, so is abandoning the miles to go in favour of days to go. Two years is the max between services regardless of mileage.

Russ

It means it has not been serviced in nearly 2 years, so is abandoning the miles to go in favour of days to go. Two years is the max between services regardless of mileage.

Russ

Mine has just done the same.

But my car is 15 months old and has 13500 miles. It showed 5000 miles to next service, then suddenly changed it to 28 days.:crazy:

Booked in next week for first service D at 14000 miles, very low.:eek:

But my car is 15 months old and has 13500 miles. It showed 5000 miles to next service, then suddenly changed it to 28 days.:crazy:

There have been threads where the car counts down from it's build date because the dealer has not reset ASSYST to the delivery date at the PDI inspection which may account for yours. If this proves to be the case, you are paying for a service which should not be due for another 8 months. There is a thread somewhere which explains it in detail, including how dealers are short changeing most of us by setting ASSYST to call for services at shorter intervals than they should.

Russ

Very low, if you go and read the US forums, owners insist changing engine oil once every 5000 miles when the US 13 000 mile (10 000 mile on some new cars?) sounds high to them. :rolleyes:

But like already mentioned, in Europe it should be two years and if the car has been sitting in the showroom, the FSS should have been reset or otherwise the time limit comes a bit early.

cheers guys,

so even though i brought the car having approx 9000 miles on the clock and the service display indicator saying 7500 miles to next service and on the premise the car had been serviced by dealer - i still need to get it serviced?? not happy!!

seriously destroying faith in future mb purchases...

tnx anyway

d

Hello,
Mine was saying Service A in 7,000 KM (4,375 miles) the car has only done 20,000 km (12,000 miles) and 2 days ago it changed to Service A in 10 days!

Nikolas

Hello,
Mine was saying Service A in 7,000 KM (4,375 miles) the car has only done 20,000 km (12,000 miles) and 2 days ago it changed to Service A in 10 days!

Nikolas

Is it a new car?
MB have changed to yearly services recently, so the 2 year rule may not apply.

Russ

Service Indicator

Thanks for the reply,

It is a 2006 C230K Avantgarde. W203.

Nikolas

There have been threads where the car counts down from it's build date because the dealer has not reset ASSYST to the delivery date at the PDI inspection which may account for yours. If this proves to be the case, you are paying for a service which should not be due for another 8 months. There is a thread somewhere which explains it in detail, including how dealers are short changeing most of us by setting ASSYST to call for services at shorter intervals than they should.

Russ

I agree it is low.

However as an Engineer I am of the opinion that the first service should be early anyway, to change the oil and filter at least, and remove any "debris from running in". The second and subsequent services should be based on the life of the oil and other items due to condition. So 10-12000 miles is probably OK. Equally if it has been in the showroom for say 6 months, this should be factored in, as standing vehicles need looking after.

Your car is ageing more quickly 'cos you've been driving too fast. Its just a Relativity thang;) :D

Very low, if you go and read the US forums, owners insist changing engine oil once every 5000 miles when the US 13 000 mile (10 000 mile on some new cars?) sounds high to them. :rolleyes:

But like already mentioned, in Europe it should be two years and if the car has been sitting in the showroom, the FSS should have been reset or otherwise the time limit comes a bit early.
They still use mineral oil a lot in the US (I believe) hence the much shorter changes (or at least they have that mentality, especially after the class action suit relating to M112 engines and 10K oil changes).

They still use mineral oil a lot in the US (I believe) hence the much shorter changes (or at least they have that mentality, especially after the class action suit relating to M112 engines and 10K oil changes).

No, not at MB dealers. They have the same MB oil grades.

My opinion (shared by many US owners on US forums) is that MBUSA just collects some money from short service periods.

US owners talk a lot about dino oil and synthetic, perhaps they have old oil types available a lot more than we have (their cost pressure on product prices is a lot harder anyway, perhaps this is one of the negative points with that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom