service interval for 7g gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys at what mileage should the filter and oil be changed on my e280cdi 7g box? I heard it needs service at 40k then thats it for ever?

Most would suggest every 35-40k miles..

Ive been quoted £110 +vat by my local indie to which uses mb oil and parts is this reasonable?

Put the car's details into here: Mercedes-Benz ESS and see what it says.

I like a bargain, but £110 sounds too cheap - what do they intend to do for that, just change some of the ATF? Should need loads of ATF, plus new filter and gasket. I think the level can only be checked on StarDiagnose.

The 7g fluid change is much more involved than the 5g. Special filling set-up required. That quote seems too cheap.

£110 sounds very cheap for a 7g oil change, cutting corners? it cost me £270.

Hi I had a quote from 2 indies ones 110+vat and the other 120+vat both say mb oil and filters will be used and both have star

Hi I had a quote from 2 indies ones 110+vat and the other 120+vat both say mb oil and filters will be used and both have star

Most indies will charge between £150 and £250 including VAT, so the quotes you had of £132 and £144 are quite cheap.

The other issue is whether they will drain also the torque convertor - time consuming task and obviuosly implies that more new ATF will be required.

Guys thanks for ur comments but im unsure what to do, I live in N.ireland and there aint many indies about the 2 I got quotes from are highly recommended and would rather use them than a back street garage.

whitenemesis said:
The 7g fluid change is much more involved than the 5g. Special filling set-up required. That quote seems too cheap.

Any chance you could tell me why it is different on 7G than 5G
Thanks

7G = 7 speed
5G = 5 speed
5G is the older type and is much easier to service.

The 7G requires a special pump to fill up the ATF via the drain plug (Yes seriously) and it has to be done at the correct temperature, hence the use of STAR.

do not see how they can do it for £110 the parts for my cls atf change came to £137
at my india then labour on top then vat atf oil was £88 filter was £27 gasket £10 ect

Just got my 7G box oil changed today at an indie in Glasgow, £161 all in. I watched tech do it,took just over an hour and yes it looked very complex to drain and refill. Cars driving very smooth now when changing gears. Well recommend this Indie if you in Glasgow

Iv'e just had my oil + filter changed on my 7G Plus (2011 year) the total cost from my Indie was £167 inc VAT the Dealer wanted £340, the 7G Plus box uses Blue Oil and the 7G is red oil.

Also Mercedes say the 7G Plus doesn't require changing until 77.500mls the older 7G is 37,000ml changes.

Alfie

Just got my 7G box oil changed today at an indie in Glasgow, £161 all in. I watched tech do it,took just over an hour and yes it looked very complex to drain and refill. Cars driving very smooth now when changing gears. Well recommend this Indie if you in Glasgow

Who did you use in Glasgow?

Ernie

ernie said:
Who did you use in Glasgow? Ernie

http://www.tjoneill.co.uk

HIGHLY RECOMMEND them,watched the tech service the gearbox,he took his time cleaning it with detail using his LED lamp aswell as clean the torque converter. He took just over an hour and must say my car is shifting sweetly now.

#bawse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom