Service intervals too short

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Napo

Car
Mercedes e350 cdi convertable
Hi Im a bit baffled here.
I do service the car in my own garage and once i completed the service I go to reset the service interval however it gives me only a 1400 miles remaining service.
I have done my service in the past and it keeps doing the same and is annoying as I have to reset the light at every 1400 miles.
How can I change the mileage interval and does anyone know why it cones that often ?20230629_085640.jpg

What is the actual mileage on the car? Does it maybe have fixed mileages for then the service is due rather than counting the miles from the last service? Which would be wrong obviously, but just a guess.

What is the actual mileage on the car? Does it maybe have fixed mileages for then the service is due rather than counting the miles from the last service? Which would be wrong obviously, but just a guess.
It's around 111k.

And at what mileage would the next service be due? 112.5k?
It was due now and just done it.
I service the car, reset the light and in 1400 miles it comes another service due.
This is going on since i bought the car at 102k and first time I thought that something might be out of sequence.
The intervals between all services are only 1400 miles rather than 10k and is becoming so annoying as i have to reset the light every month and keep a written log for when i get to the right miles to service it

It was due now and just done it.( i done at 102, 106, 111) but I had the light at every 1400 miles.
I service the car, reset the light and in 1400 miles it comes another service due.
This is going on since i bought the car at 102k and first time I thought that something might be out of sequence.
The intervals between all services are only 1400 miles rather than 10k and is becoming so annoying as i have to reset the light every month and keep a written log for when i get to the right miles to service it

It was due now and just done it.( i done at 102, 106, 111) but I had the light at every 1400 miles.

I think you'll need to get the car on STAR, see what's going on with the service intervals on the ECU, and possibly reset it with STAR.

I think you'll need to get the car on STAR, see what's going on with the service intervals on the ECU, and possibly reset it with STAR.

Pretty sure you can set a date that's like 1000 days from now ,so this never happens . It's in those service menus somewhere. There's possibly one there to adjust the mileage also. It was on my w211 , long time ago .

You need to check that the year and date are set correctly in settings. I had something similar and my date settings were wrong year, changed them and solved the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom