Service Intervals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
When I had my W202s and W203 the service indicator asked for a service every 10,000 miles. Yesterday Mercedes collected my C350 and took it for a B service under the service contract. In the 10 months since they last serviced it I've driven 16,250 miles plus I went in 300 miles early so I had a service interval of 16,500 miles!! None of my cars has ever gone so far. I was pretty amazed as this car is barely costing any more than a C180 to run. Insurance £200PA, 27mpg...oh yes and £475 Road Tax.:bannana:

It must be the excellent way you drive ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey R2 , the service indicator will have been setup for long life oil which is at 16K intervals.

hey R2 , the service indicator will have been setup for long life oil which is at 16K intervals.

Correct, and this can also be done on my 2006 w203. From memory you should only set the service indicator to long-life oil if using 229.5 oil and fleece oil filter element (as opposed to paper element).

It must be the excellent way you drive ;)

Well I doubt it's that! But still very pleased with that range given my mileage these days:)

Last edited:
I had an Audi A6 that wemt 22,000 miles before it asked for a service :) Mainly motorway driving and virtually no stop / start city use.

Service intervals will depend on how much contribution the manufacturer has to fork out.

BMW has stated for years, that the oil should be changed at around 10k miles with service done once a year.

In the last few years, since they introduced their new servicing packages, all of sudden servicing your car once every two years and changing oil at every 20k miles is absolutely fine.

Make sense out of that one.

I had an Audi A6 that wemt 22,000 miles before it asked for a service :) Mainly motorway driving and virtually no stop / start city use.

I have done 6 trips to Scotland in the last 10 months so it's had some good runs which is bound to have helped a bit.

Correct, and this can also be done on my 2006 w203. From memory you should only set the service indicator to long-life oil if using 229.5 oil and fleece oil filter element (as opposed to paper element).

MB dealers never use the fleece filters.

I've had 18K out of mine, although I chickened out and took it in a bit early - in theory it would go to 19500 (13000 reset mileage x 1.5).

These days it easily goes to the 2 year limit and about 12K miles. That's yet another thing which puts me off changing - a newer car would need to be serviced every year.

When I took mine in recently I was told there is a few years, 04-06 I think, that are on two year intervals whereas everything else is on one year.

Obviously there are serviceable items on a mileage limit that may mean you need them done before that.

It was from MY2008 (from memory) that the entire range went from variable service intervals to once every 12 months, or circa 15.5k miles whichever is the soonest.

Whilst pleased with 16500 miles between services my mileage this year is getting silly!

Whilst pleased with 16500 miles between services my mileage this year is getting silly!

Is yours an early W204? Most will be on fixed interval of 12mths / 15,500 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom