Service intervals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
Looked at a late 2012 slk 200 for the mrs today,nice one owner car fully loaded,mb service history within the scheduled 15,500(serviced after a year at 9k and 10 months later at 23k).although the car has gone 18 months since the last service it has only covered 10k miles,if I buy the car it will be serviced straight away and we intend keeping it at least 8 years,question is,what difference would the 6 months overdue service make to the car,would be more concerned if it had gone over the 15,500 mileage interval,thoughts please.

None.

It's already out of warranty, the 3rd service is 'only' an A service, so basically an oil and filter change and 'checks'.

Year 2 service would have been brake fluid as well.

I wouldn't worry about it. If a dealer carries out the service, the Mobilo will be restarted from date of the service. The only thing you might have missed out on was a satnav update carried out free of charge, if it had been requested.

None.

It's already out of warranty, the 3rd service is 'only' an A service, so basically an oil and filter change and 'checks'.

I wouldn't worry about it. If a dealer carries out the service, the Mobilo will be restarted from date of the service. The only thing you might have missed out on was a satnav update carried out free of charge, if it had been requested.

As above.

Keeping in mind that pre-2007 cars had flexible service schedule, meaning I only need to service mine when ASSYST says so, which is every 16 to 18 months.

The cars have not changed in 2007... simply MB's policy changed, to accommodate fleet buyers who found the flexible schedules a headache.

As above.

Keeping in mind that pre-2007 cars had flexible service schedule, meaning I only need to service mine when ASSYST says so, which is every 16 to 18 months.

The cars have not changed in 2007... simply MB's policy changed, to accommodate fleet buyers who found the flexible schedules a headache.

Hi Markjay,the wife's current 2003 slk only does around 5k a year and has gone upto 2 years between servicing,think it's just a ploy by mb to get the lower mileage cars serviced more regularly!

None.

My thoughts too Tony,the service I would be getting done if I buy would be the B including spark plugs,air filter brake fluid in any case so sounds like nothing to worry about!

My 2001 S203 C270 service interval was 15k miles/2 years, the 2008 S204 C220 is 15k miles/1 year - and as I do about 7k miles pa in the car, I'm ignoring Assyst!

None.

Mobilo doesn't necessarily get re-activated. You need to check T&C's in the handbook for that car. MB varied the T&C's at different times

Mobilo doesn't necessarily get re-activated. You need to check T&C's in the handbook for that car. MB varied the T&C's at different times

Mobilo is activated as soon as you get your car serviced by mb as far as I'm aware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom