Service intervals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyCJ

Car
C32 AMG
The 05 SL55 AMG I'm buying has done very little miles (1000) since the last service a year ago. At that service it had pretty much everything done that could be done, incl spark plugs :)

Question is - do I need to have it serviced annually for an oil change, or just when the service advice pops up on the instrument cluster ? the car has been kept on a trickle charger, so both batteries should be in top condition.

Cheers

CJ

The 05 SL55 AMG I'm buying has done very little miles (1000) since the last service a year ago. At that service it had pretty much everything done that could be done, incl spark plugs :)

Question is - do I need to have it serviced annually for an oil change, or just when the service advice pops up on the instrument cluster ? the car has been kept on a trickle charger, so both batteries should be in top condition.

Cheers

CJ

I'd just go by the assyst system, which as you say flashes up in dash. If it was last serviced a year ago it will flash up soon. Due to the low milliage it will show a 31 day due to service, then count down each day. Thats what mine did when it asked for a service and it was a low milliage user before.

Now my miles are higher than the norm (i.e. over the 10k interval/yr) it tells me the miles due before a service.

What sort of journeys does it do?

The big issue with low mileage is that is usually relates to very short journeys. What happens then is that condensation mixed with combustion byproducts remains in the oil and it turns acidic, which is bad!

The big issue with low mileage is that is usually relates to very short journeys. What happens then is that condensation mixed with combustion byproducts remains in the oil and it turns acidic, which is bad!

Aye, you'd notice that when you check the oil, if there is any of that mayonnaise effect with the condensation.

I think it's been used for days/trips out rather than short journeys, so should have been properly warmed up, rather than nipping to the shops.

mines just done the same, and im in the process of booking it in.
how much should i be paying for an A service + oil, brake fluid, spark plugs currently being quoted a smidge over 1k

mines just done the same, and im in the process of booking it in.
how much should i be paying for an A service + oil, brake fluid, spark plugs currently being quoted a smidge over 1k

Not sure - if yours is an AMG the price does tend to go up.. A service really is just an oil change and filter and a few checks - brake fluid shouldn't be much more than £50-70 ... the plugs must be the big cost ..

yea shes a AMG,
getting quoted
200 for labour on plugs 110 for the plugs alone
90 for oil
120 for brake fluid
65 for fuel filter

did i see a thread here where someone can get discount on merc parts?

yea shes a AMG,
getting quoted
200 for labour on plugs 110 for the plugs alone
90 for oil
120 for brake fluid
65 for fuel filter

did i see a thread here where someone can get discount on merc parts?

Yup, BRABUSK8! Think it's in the Engine section....

Cheers

CJ
Service intervals can be confusing,on my previous 2002 clk320 cab it was 12k miles or 2 years whichever comes first(only averaged 6k miles a year so managed one service every 2 years)my current 2008 cls500 is 15,500k miles or annually & although i still only do 6or 7k miles a year assyst+ will call for a service after 12months:crazy:.Getting back to your question,this time round i would just go for an oil/filter change as only 1k miles covered since last service(which had all the other items done as you mentioned)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom