Service items - riddle me this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teflonso

Car
E350 Estate (W212 Facelift)
I've been feeling all smug about the VW NOx emissions thing because my pride and joy has got a boot full of AdBlue instead of a spare wheel so, it emits less NOx than when a fairy belches.

However .... I've just had a B service at a main dealer. Last year I was charged 2 x £11.70 (ex VAT) for AdBlue. This year, its not on the invoice. The plot thickens, because I know without a shadow of a doubt that the boot floor hasn't been lifted to access the filler either. Don't ask me how I know, but understand that I've had several experiences of, lets call it, "sloppy" dealer servicing over the years so I'm ultra watchful. Elapsed mileage is lower but on a pro-rata basis, I'd expect at least one unit of the stuff this time.

So I have some questions I'd like some guidance on please, before I go wading in and make a chump of myself:

1. Is AdBlue part of every service, including a B?

2. Just on the off chance that the tank actually is/was full, is there any way to know this by checking with Star?

3. If it is full after 12 months, what's happening?

4. Is there anywhere else that they can put the stuff in, similar to filling oil through the dipstick?
:confused:
And one final thought..... can anyone explain why oil is less than $50 a barrel now but Castrol Magnatec Pro MP has gone from £9+VAT a litre to £15.50+VAT in the space of 12 months?

I've got 2 fillers one for diesel and one add blue on my new c220d premium plus if that helps, plus it free top ups for life during services

I
Castrol Magnatec Pro MP has gone from £9+VAT a litre to £15.50+VAT in the space of 12 months?

Because they like taking the p*ss. And having got the p*ss wot they took - they can then recycle it and mysteriously fill your (or iowedduie's) Adblue tank with it for free.

I've got 2 fillers one for diesel and one add blue on my new c220d premium plus if that helps, plus it free top ups for life during services
Thanks for that, but mines definitely under the boot floor, the only thing under the filler cap is for diesel. Good to know that it's free top ups though, I can't see me doing enough miles in a year to run out but if they have failed to fill then at least I won't have to pay twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom