Service letters mean nothing??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Had car serviced at Mercedes last week and was told the service letter means nothing! they just go by service records, is this correct?? also i can hear a sound which sounds like a dry bearing coming from the front of the engine, mentioned this to the service lady as i would have expected it to be on the service paper work and was told it depends on the service i had if they check for things like that!! surely that's a load of B******s.

TIA

The service letter on the later cars C, D, E, F etc are generally ignored and the ESS is followed.

That interesting as my service indicator not in sync with the service history. I assume incorrect A or B selected on STAR machine at some point. It tells me I due an "A" service in 7000 miles (or 5 months from now as date sensitive) but my records suggest a "B" service is required.
On my last service visit to main dealer tried explaining, and hoped to sort out but sadly it was not.

I think they just go by 'A' & 'B' ..minor or major service.

My car was last serviced 2 yrs ago (it's on ServicePlus) and I expected it would ask for a B service due to time elapsed, but it's stayed firmly on an A.

Is that right?

My car was last serviced 2 yrs ago (it's on ServicePlus) and I expected it would ask for a B service due to time elapsed, but it's stayed firmly on an A.

Is that right?

Is that right?
You will have done a couple of oil changes in that time though won't you?

You will have done a couple of oil changes in that time though won't you?

Nope.

Must admit I'm not comfortable with it, but I pretty well only use the car for the odd long trip - it sits unused for 2-3 weeks at a time.

I got the car thinking I was going to be doing high mileage but my job changed. I did build up the mileage pretty quickly at first and the car would have gone to about 20K before having its first service, but I chickened out and had it done at 17K.

I have made a note to ask the dealer what the oil condition is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom