Service Measure Updates without a warranty plan or buying a service?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DriftworksJames

Car
2008 S500 w221
Hi all,
is it possible to get official service measure updates applied if you don't have a warranty plan and aren't using main dealer for servicing?
I have a W221 which according to the book has been serviced at indys since 2011.
I'm aware that there are several software updates to radar, gearbox, navigation, comand etc which would usually get applied at the main dealer at servicing time and I would like to get them applied and bring everything up to the latest versions.

The car doesn't need a service for ages and when it does I'm perfectly happy to use an indy, so how can I go about getting the updates?

Am I right that no Indy will have access to these updates?
Is anyone aware of a service I can ask for at the main dealers where I can just pay to have any outstanding service measure updates applied?

thanks,
James

Assuming you're talking about the 2008 S500, that age should put you into the 'older' vehicle classification, with cheaper servicing and labour rates.

If you look into that option, you might find some updates might be undertaken as part of that. The satnav update wont be free as car is more than 3 years old.

I note you say vehicle is not due for service, in which case I can't see any dealer undertaking just the software updates free of charge.

Thanks Tony,
I'm not expecting anything for free. I read some dealers would apply the updates for a nominal fee, but that it was up to the individual dealership to decide whether they offer it as a service.

But I called up central Birmingham mercedes yesterday and spoke to 3 different people who all didn't really get what I was asking for and passed me to a different confused sounding person..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom