service or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hixy

Car
c class
i bought my 2012 c class around 5 months ago from a mb dealer , now my service indicator shows that in 600 miles it is due a b service which will cost around £500 i have done around 8000 miles since i bought the car , my question is should they have serviced the car before i bought it . cheers

Just phoned MB to book a service as my indicator now shows 500 miles to service , they said it would be due either in march or 64000 miles , i explained that the mileage on my car is only 57500 miles .The good news is i now just have to ignore the indicator and wait until 64000 miles . Time to save up as its a b service with a added brake fluid change as an extra . I know some have said go to an indi but i have still got 7 months left on the warranty and that would void it i would think .

Just phoned MB to book a service as my indicator now shows 500 miles to service , they said it would be due either in march or 64000 miles , i explained that the mileage on my car is only 57500 miles .The good news is i now just have to ignore the indicator and wait until 64000 miles . Time to save up as its a b service with a added brake fluid change as an extra . I know some have said go to an indi but i have still got 7 months left on the warranty and that would void it i would think .

It won't void your warranty if you use an Indy that updates the service record online using manufacturer recommended parts and specification of oil. You will find your bill will probably be half the main dealer price.

As it's a 2012 car, it will be out of manufacturer's warranty. Therefore, it might be a condition of the warranty you have that the car is serviced by an aporoved dealer.

I'd recommend prestige car service, hordean. Way better than the main dealers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom