Service plan discounts and future price.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaffajim0

Car
E class estate
I want to get a service plan for my ‘17 plate (35k miles) E220d but I’m not sure which way to go about it. I could plump for the 1,2,3 or 4 year option but I’m guessing the 4 year plan guarantees no price rises whereas if I go for a 1 year plan it could be higher next year to renew?? My thinking is whether or not to try and time it to take advantage of any future 20% discount. I also don’t know if these are always at the same intervals and the same time of year. Anybody have any idea??

No way of knowing unfortunately. Last discount was in 2020, the one before that was 2 years previously, at apparently roughly the same time. The offer lasts for about 2 months or so iirc. Covid may have altered time frames, and I won't be holding my breath. Dealers don't seem to very forthcoming when these offers are on either.

The minimum is 2 years (not one year).

My first plan was £35 per month, the second plan was £36 per month, the third is now £38 per month.

So yes, buying the maximum duration does protect you against future price increases. But on the other hand the increases weren't massive so far.

I want to get a service plan for my ‘17 plate (35k miles) E220d but I’m not sure which way to go about it. I could plump for the 1,2,3 or 4 year option but I’m guessing the 4 year plan guarantees no price rises whereas if I go for a 1 year plan it could be higher next year to renew?? My thinking is whether or not to try and time it to take advantage of any future 20% discount. I also don’t know if these are always at the same intervals and the same time of year. Anybody have any idea??
What service is due next? Best bang for your buck is a 3 year pack with B-A-B service sequence due next.

The minimum is 2 years (not one year).

My first plan was £35 per month, the second plan was £36 per month, the third is now £38 per month.

So yes, buying the maximum duration does protect you against future price increases. But on the other hand the increases weren't massive so far.
My mistake about the 1 year.
If I took one out tomorrow for instance for 3 years and they did do a discount June next year and June 2024 but hadn’t announced it before my new plan was due would I be able to hold off for a few weeks on the off chance??
Do they do service plans irrespective of the age and mileage of the car??

If I took one out tomorrow for instance for 3 years and they did do a discount June next year and June 2024 but hadn’t announced it before my new plan was due would I be able to hold off for a few weeks on the off chance??
There is nothing to say your plans have to be continuous, you can let the plan lapse and restart whenever you like

I don't know what the mileage and age limitations are for the MB Service Care Plan, but they are covering my 2013 car with 50,000 miles no problem, so your 2017 car with 35,000 miles should be fine.

The MB Service Care Plan is a financial product. You purchase an X number of services, and pay for them in Y installments. That's it. Once you sign the dotted line, the deal is done. You can consume the X services whenever you like, it makes no difference to anything*).

*) The dealer will only do what is due time-wise or mileage-wise, so presenting the car too early might mean that certain things won't be done because they are not due yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom