Service plan discounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hello

Made a couple of mistakes

1 - Not ask for a service plan discount when i bought my brand new gle in April

2 - The so-called Balck Friday sales i noted a 150 discount, decided against it

Are there any new offers out there, or did you manage to get one after buying your new car?

I misread initially what service plans included - now know it incs the plugs, brake fluid every 2 yrs

Thanks

Every year you mean (mainly)

Also includes paint protection and roadside recovery included. With discount on any parts needed whilst found during a service (if they notice anything during inspections)

What's due first, A or a B? I'd personally pay up front for an A, then sign up for a three year plan to get two expensive services and a cheap one, more for your money (B-A-B)

Oh and a free courtesy car is quite common too

Paint protection and Recovery etc(Mobilo) are included with an MB service history, if you decide not to go the service plan route, and pay as you go.

Happy to go pay as you go with the E-Class, always supplied the oil myself (from Mercedes-Benz Newcastle) and saved £85 on each service plus 10-15% off as a loyalty discount. If you have a good relationship with a dealer you can do better than the service plans. I sure have

There's a similar current Thread on this entitled ''C43 Service Plan'' however still not convinced that a Service Plan actually saves you real money you just think you are saving because you have paid for it in advance but I like the idea of paying for the 1st service -which assume is not much more than an oil change?- and then taking out a SP for the B-A-B but assume monthly cost will be much greater if you do? As for Paint Protection and Recovery mine will be a brand new car so this will be part of the 3 year warranty entitlements.

There's a similar current Thread on this entitled ''C43 Service Plan'' however still not convinced that a Service Plan actually saves you real money you just think you are saving because you have paid for it in advance but I like the idea of paying for the 1st service -which assume is not much more than an oil change?- and then taking out a SP for the B-A-B but assume monthly cost will be much greater if you do? As for Paint Protection and Recovery mine will be a brand new car so this will be part of the 3 year warranty entitlements.

Provided you take out a service plan before the car is 1 year old, you get a cheaper price, but that means having the first service done a little earlier. From memory for the C Class, when I took out the plan, the costs were £31/m against £34/m. Not sure about discounted repairs like brakes, etc, though! Maybe still need to negotiate.

Ernie

An 'A' service first, doing about 8k a year.
Every year you mean (mainly)

Also includes paint protection and roadside recovery included. With discount on any parts needed whilst found during a service (if they notice anything during inspections)

What's due first, A or a B? I'd personally pay up front for an A, then sign up for a three year plan to get two expensive services and a cheap one, more for your money (B-A-B)

Oh and a free courtesy car is quite common too

Many thanks never that that was possible, v helpful.

Provided you take out a service plan before the car is 1 year old, you get a cheaper price, but that means having the first service done a little earlier. From memory for the C Class, when I took out the plan, the costs were £31/m against £34/m. Not sure about discounted repairs like brakes, etc, though! Maybe still need to negotiate.

Ernie

Thanks

V helpful and I thought about this as I responsed to the first poster that helped here. Makes sense, but as most say, first service is just an oil change really

Need to take the car dwn re front sensors, not recently palyed up, but will get looked at and car was reg brand new april 4th i think and my mistake for not spending a few more mins with the dealer

Thanks all again

Merry Christams

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom