Service Plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuonopepper

Car
GLC250 AMG Premium Plus. Bike: Triumph Speed Triple 94R.
Had a poke around but can't find anything but do MB ever do discount or offers on the Service Plans that anyone is aware of, outside the 'buy a car on finance and we give you a service plan' offers as I've already ordered the GLC. Equally can the price vary between dealers for the MB plan (as opposed to a dealer plan)?

I've got one on my C Class which was pre-paid so has a cancellation value however they can't transfer it to my GLC, it has to be refunded. The problem there is the dealer I bought the C Class from paid for it so they will see the refund not me, there was no 'free servicing' offer it was a specific thing they did to close the deal. No chance of getting the same on my GLC.

So essentially any discounts/deals ever on post order service plan purchase?

Cheers,

James.

I tried to negotiate this at time of order and before delivery but got nowhere. It seems the sales guys weren't commissioned on selling servicing so didn't care.

I actually ended up getting 3 free services as the dealer messed up my order.

MB service plans seem rather expensive compared to the completion. I think I was quoted £500 for 3 services on an Evoque and similar money for a Bimer 5er.

You might be able to save yourself a bit of cash by buying the servicing plan after the first A service. It's slightly more expensive but then you get a B-A-B rather than an A-B-A.

You're still meant to be quids in afterwards.

Thanks, I'd seen the B A B option as a way to do it and yes they are pricey against other brands!

My follow up question is about the number of services I can 'get away' with.

If I'm picking the car up on March 1st on a 48 month PCP to the letter of the law I need 4 services, however as there is 30 days grace on the service (mine will be due annually as opposed to on the mileage), if I push it towards the end of the grace period the 2017 it'll be late March, 2018 late April, 2019 late May and 2020 due late May earliest when it will have gone back in March....or are MB finance wise to this kind of deferment?

James.

It's not that we're not commissioned to sell them, there's no facility to change the price. On the service plan system, you put in the reg and it chooses the price automatically, with no option to edit it.

There are sometimes free servicing deals etc, but they vary month to month. All you could do is secure a bit of extra discount on the car

Thanks, I'd seen the B A B option as a way to do it and yes they are pricey against other brands!

My follow up question is about the number of services I can 'get away' with.

If I'm picking the car up on March 1st on a 48 month PCP to the letter of the law I need 4 services, however as there is 30 days grace on the service (mine will be due annually as opposed to on the mileage), if I push it towards the end of the grace period the 2017 it'll be late March, 2018 late April, 2019 late May and 2020 due late May earliest when it will have gone back in March....or are MB finance wise to this kind of deferment?

James.

You don't need to get the 4th service done unless it's actually showing as due when you hand the car back. Hand it back a few days early and you're good to go

Thanks JBD, the worth of it seemed to hinge on whether the ATF fluid change would get done or not and I can'tell find the info on when that's done on a GLC anywhere.

I've seen 37500 for some of the Autos which on my mileage would be between years 3 and 4, so due on the 4th service but I've also seen 77000 miles for such a change.

Assuming I can avoid ATF then options seem to be pay for first service then take 2/2 plans or take 3/3 and don't pay for first service...got time to figure it out as the car isn't coming until March anyway.....

Thanks.

James.

The ATF is 4th to be fair, but the service plan does make sense across the board. The problem is that once the car goes past a year old, you go onto the higher service plan rate, which will be about £10 per month more, so you are better to just take it out now. You can take it out at the £35 per month any time up to a year old

OK, thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom