Service Plan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbilbs

Car
E300 Hybrid
Newbie here
Had my 2013 E Class Hybrid for 2 weeks now and liking it. I was cautious and took out an extended warranty - mainly to cover the battery but Im not sure what to do with regards to servicing.

What are your thoughts? The service care plan for the MB dealer or independent?

As its my first MB Im not sure what to do for the best.

Service care plan works great for cars that cost a fortune to service with the main dealer. E.g. a V12 S600. A "B" service for one of these will set you back £1750. That includes 24 spark plugs, brake fluid, all filters, coolant, oil. However, a service care plan for one of them for 3 years is £2160 (£720 per service), which makes it a no brainer to consider if you want to maintain the full main dealer history for your car and have Mobilo recovery as well. What is also important, is that you secure your price for the next 3 years (you can go up to 5) and so any price increase in the future is not applicable to you.

What I would do in your case is call them up and ask for a quote on an A and B service as well as their service plan for say 2 or 3 years. See if it makes economic sense to sign up. The way service care plan works however is a little tricky as if your car doesn't need brake fluid or spark plugs, you won't get them changed. With the indie you will be billed according to the work carried out. With the service care plan, you pay a flat fee for the service whether items gets changed or not.

Service care plan works great for cars that cost a fortune to service with the main dealer. E.g. a V12 S600. A "B" service for one of these will set you back £1750. That includes 24 spark plugs, brake fluid, all filters, coolant, oil. However, a service care plan for one of them for 3 years is £2160 (£720 per service), which makes it a no brainer to consider if you want to maintain the full main dealer history for your car and have Mobilo recovery as well. What is also important, is that you secure your price for the next 3 years (you can go up to 5) and so any price increase in the future is not applicable to you.

What I would do in your case is call them up and ask for a quote on an A and B service as well as their service plan for say 2 or 3 years. See if it makes economic sense to sign up. The way service care plan works however is a little tricky as if your car doesn't need brake fluid or spark plugs, you won't get them changed. With the indie you will be billed according to the work carried out. With the service care plan, you pay a flat fee for the service whether items gets changed or not.

Many thanks - I think I will go with it, I am seeing my local dealer on Wednesday regarding something else so I might throw it in to the conversation. The car company I bought the car from has carried out a service when I bought it two weeks ago but I have noticed a message saying I have a service a due in 35 days - would the car company service cancel this one out?

Many thanks - I think I will go with it, I am seeing my local dealer on Wednesday regarding something else so I might throw it in to the conversation. The car company I bought the car from has carried out a service when I bought it two weeks ago but I have noticed a message saying I have a service a due in 35 days - would the car company service cancel this one out?

If they serviced the car, they should have reset the counter as well. It's a simple procedure and can be done by yourself - just google for Mercedes service counter reset - there is a plenty of videos/articles.

Service plan is great!... just don’t take it to Northampton Mercedes :wallbash:

The way service care plan works however is a little tricky as if your car doesn't need brake fluid or spark plugs, you won't get them changed. With the indie you will be billed according to the work carried out. With the service care plan, you pay a flat fee for the service whether items gets changed or not.
Surely the brake fluids needs to be changed every 2 years regardless.

Newbie here
Had my 2013 E Class Hybrid for 2 weeks now and liking it. I was cautious and took out an extended warranty - mainly to cover the battery but Im not sure what to do with regards to servicing.

What are your thoughts? The service care plan for the MB dealer or independent?

As its my first MB Im not sure what to do for the best.
I would doubt that the Battery/s are covered by the Warranty. Worth double checking.

Surely the brake fluids needs to be changed every 2 years regardless.

On paper maybe. In real world it doesn't abosrb the moisture near as quick in every car and so gets tested first rather then gets flushed and refilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom