Service Plus pending application

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bill3862

Has anyone with 'Service Plus' application pending following decision to suspend scheme heard anything regarding their application?

As 14.04.2008 has now passed and was believed to be start date for replacement scheme. I still have received no information regarding my application on which is on hold since 04.04.2008 and will be making necessary 'noises' tomorrow.

Bill

I've only heard that they're still waiting to hear.

However, as they've put them on hold I can only assume the worst. I suspect that it's highly unlikely that they'll get approved now.

If my application gets turned down then I'll be drafting a very strongly worded letter, for all the good it'll do. :mad:

I've only heard that they're still waiting to hear.

However, as they've put them on hold I can only assume the worst. I suspect that it's highly unlikely that they'll get approved now.

If my application gets turned down then I'll be drafting a very strongly worded letter, for all the good it'll do. :mad:

Many thanks and I will now make telephone call to my dealer and see what the situation is.

Seems we 'pending' are left like mushrooms, in the dark !!! - once again, customer relations own goal as a simple telephone call/E Mail would suffice to at least update situation!!

My loyalty to this marque is being strained even further.

Bill

Bill

Service Plus Declined

I have just received a telephone call from my dealer to inform me he has received back from MB all submitted documents for my application for a Service Plus contract and they have declined to accept it !!!! - addressed 'To whom it concerns' !!!!! This has been pending since 04.04.2008 and a deafening silence since.

WHAT A SURPRISE !!! My dealer is still embarrassed by the whole saga as he had received no advance information of the demise of Service Plus from MB and obviously took my application in good faith.

I will await the arrival of my return documents and accompanying letter, and then pen a suitable response to MB.

I will firstly suggest that good customer care centres on communication with all, and leaving customers in the dark ranks as extremely bad manners. Secondly, I now hold no loyalty any longer to their marque which, in my opinion, is no better than many other mainstream volume car manufacturers and they cannot continue to rely on a badge for sales.

To Whom it Concerns (known as Bill) !!!!

service plus

should be called "service minus".
It`s truly disgracefull.
My second response, refusing to accept their decline has fallen on deaf ears with an almost "Yah Boo - stuff you" attitude.
But I will continue hassling, If only to waste their time and make me extremely unpopular.
Keep posting feedback.
Luv Pants.

should be called "service minus".
It`s truly disgracefull.
My second response, refusing to accept their decline has fallen on deaf ears with an almost "Yah Boo - stuff you" attitude.
But I will continue hassling, If only to waste their time and make me extremely unpopular.
Keep posting feedback.
Luv Pants.
Well done but don't let it become an obsession. If your positive your own firm ground then go for it, but would they have run this through their legal department before doing it?

Good luck,
John

Well done but don't let it become an obsession. If your positive your own firm ground then go for it, but would they have run this through their legal department before doing it?

Good luck,
John

I very much doubt that they would do that....

A contract is based on three things

Offer
Acceptance
Money or monies worth..

until all three are in force no contract is in place

Now the question is ...was their quotation an offer or an invitation to make an offer? If the former then they are on dodgy ground if the later then no contract is in force...

As for monies ... a ddm signed and sent is monies worth....

:rock:

I very much doubt that they would do that....

A contract is based on three things

Offer
Acceptance
Money or monies worth..

until all three are in force no contract is in place

Now the question is ...was their quotation an offer or an invitation to make an offer? If the former then they are on dodgy ground if the later then no contract is in force...

As for monies ... a ddm signed and sent is monies worth....

:rock:
Hi Crockers,
I hope you haven't misundrstood my post? I am suggesting that Mercedes-Benz may well feel they are on solid ground and our author might not have a caes.

I fully accept your points and have all three points been met?

Regards
John

I presume that MB are still honouring current Service Plus contracts before they expire ?

Hi Crockers,
I hope you haven't misundrstood my post? I am suggesting that Mercedes-Benz may well feel they are on solid ground and our author might not have a caes.

I fully accept your points and have all three points been met?

Regards
John

No I meant that I doubt the MB did consult legal department -- just assumed Joe Public is ill informed.... often the case....

My personal view is that as the illustration / quotation stated that the quote is valid for (i believe its 30 days) a set time it is an offer not an invitation to make an offer...but that needs legal counsel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom