Service Price-matching!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ray, I'm not here to argue with you, but you've contradicted yourself here.

You called them to cancel the service appointment because you'd found a cheaper quote (£50 cheaper). Going by what you've stated, you wouldn't have known that they'd offer to match the price - so how can you possibly say that you might have given them the business if they hadn't offered to match the quote!

They were damned from the moment you decided to get a second quote.

Will

I submitted post 16 above as clarification. Assume posts crossed.

That's odd logic.

So if I approach a vendor for a price and don't accept because it appears too high then it's *my* fault that time was wasted because of their poor offer?

On the contrary - I am giving them an opportunity to quote for business and as long as my expectations were reasonable then if I turn them down because the price was high I haven't wasted their time.

No, it's not you fault if you decide to not accept their first offer. But to boycott the vendor if they offer to eqaul a better offer elswhere seems like a waste of everyone's time to me!

Will

I submitted post 16 above as clarification. Assume posts crossed.

It makes no difference.

Your beef seems to be that they were £50 more expensive, and that when they offered to match this cheaper quote that they were somehow 'fleecing' you.

If you were calling to cancel the service booking from the original garage because of either price or location, what difference does it make?

How can you now stand here and say that the reason you've taken your business elsewhere is on some sort of moral ground when you'd decided to cancel the booking before this whole 'price match' fiasco?

Doesn't make sense.

Will

Interestingly meaningless wording.

Doesn't cover you for the inevitable extras. And leaves the door open to all of the Assyst Plus variabilities once they hook up to the car.

Who goes out and gets a written quote for a service?

i was reading about the service code you can get from the instrument pannel, maybe that would give an better idea

No, it's not you fault if you decide to not accept their first offer. But to boycott the vendor if they offer to eqaul a better offer elswhere seems like a waste of everyone's time to me!

But logically all things being equal that is what you should do.

Why go to a vendor who will only match the lowest quote you have? If they were not the last you talk to then you have to go back to them for no gain. If they are last on your list why bother - there's no gain?

And then you have to ask 'where is the catch?'. Well to be fair in this instance there is actually a gain on the Mobilo front. But the catch is that you end up paying higher rates for optional / unscheduled work done at the same time.

It makes no difference.

Your beef seems to be that they were £50 more expensive, and that when they offered to match this cheaper quote that they were somehow 'fleecing' you.

If you were calling to cancel the service booking from the original garage because of either price or location, what difference does it make?

How can you now stand here and say that the reason you've taken your business elsewhere is on some sort of moral ground when you'd decided to cancel the booking before this whole 'price match' fiasco?

Doesn't make sense.

Will

I've tried to explain, if you don't agree / understand that's fine. You are entitled to your view, let's leave it that that.

I've tried to explain, if you don't agree / understand that's fine. You are entitled to your view, let's leave it that that.

Hi Ray,

That's fine with me too. I wasn't here to argue with you, just found the reasoning behind your decision slightly unclear.

I hope you can see that :)

Will

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom