Service remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johns E350

Car
E class 350 coupe
My E350 goes in for a service next Saturday at M-B Northampton. I don't want them to know it has been re mapped as it is still on a PCP. This may sound stupid but will they do anything that would wipe the remap. The car is over 3 years old so don't think there would be any updates for the ECU. Or would I be wise to tell them so they don't touch it ???

If its over 3 yrs old it should make a difference should it?

I asked about this because I wanted a remap. MB Carlisle said at a service the map would be wiped as they always reinstall software to make sure factory settings are kept.

This is an area I've dabbled with:D
Dabbled!
What they do with remaps is tell you its invisible.
Its not,other tuners can see them. Sometimes dealerships diagnostics can't see them but more often than not they can now.
It could be that the dealership diagnostic will see it as corrupt file and re-write it back to standard.
This isn't just Mercedes but just generally.
Here's what's abundantly clear with remapping,no one wants you to know anything about it!:eek:;)

I think I am going to tell them if they kick off I will settle what is owed on the car to clear the PCP. I will then start taking it to an Indy. I don't want the map to be reset.
Thanks for the replies. :)

Would they not have to take the ECU out to rewrite it as it is in the wheel arch. It was taken out when it was remapped as it can't be mapped through plug in

Would they not have to take the ECU out to rewrite it as it is in the wheel arch. It was taken out when it was remapped as it can't be mapped through plug in

Merc will beable to adjust thru obd port

I asked olly this and he said they can't tell. Iam not sure they plug them in anyway at service time unless it has a problem. I my be wrong. They don't even take you're wheels off unless there replacing brakes etc. .

A lot of the top end tuners offer a lifetime warranty,if you find its gone when you get it back they may reflash for free.

I know some manufacturers have "flash counters" and even set traps.
The day is not far away were the only way to remap will be to swap the ecm's out altogether.

Avnt said:
Merc will beable to adjust thru obd port
If that is the case, why does the ECU have to be removed from the drivers wheel arch to be re mapped. I am no expert on this as you all may have gathered. So don't know who is correct, but I am leaning towards Streethawk as from this forum I think Olly is the top man.

Last edited:
If that is the case, why does the ECU have to be removed from the drivers wheel arch to be re mapped. I am no expert on this as you all may have gathered. So don't know who is correct, but I am leaning towards Streethawk as from this forum I think Olly is the top man.

Because its obd locked for non autherised alteration such as remap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom