Service required so soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akula80

Car
W204 C220 AMG Sport Plus
I I bought a 2012 w204 c220 Amg sport plus a couple for days before Xmas past. I asked the salesman if it had been serviced. I was told that he was pretty sure it was and I didn't get any further info. Nearly exactly 3 months after buying the car the B3 service indicator has shown up.

This is the second time this has happened buying from Mercedes and I'm pretty miffed having to shell out so soon after buying

Do I have a case or will I have to suck it up?

Have a look at the details of the approved used sales package.

I'm sure if its up to 3 months your covered for free, after unfortunately your not, this was the case when I purchased approved used, I'd speak to the sales manager and hopefully he'll assist as its so soon after the 3 months.

This shows why getting absolute confirmation of things like when was it last serviced before signing on the dotted line is so important.

You could try taking it up with the salesman and appealing for some goodwill, but unless you can show that the salesman lead you to believe it had been recently serviced and that that influenced your decision to purchase, goodwill is all you have to rely upon.

Cheers spoke with the sales guy. Going to be taken care of

Insist they do it

"servicing costs needed during your first 3 months of ownership or first 3,000 miles"

I thought that they used to carry out any servicing due in the next 3 months as part of the approved-used scheme (or I might be thinking of another marque). Perhaps it's changed, possibly for the better as it means your next service is then a further 12 months away.

I thought that they used to carry out any servicing due in the next 3 months as part of the approved-used scheme (or I might be thinking of another marque). Perhaps it's changed, possibly for the better as it means your next service is then a further 12 months away.

I have just purchased an approved used Mercedes. On asking about servicing I was told that if a service is due within three months It will be carried out free of charge.

Didn't u check the clock how many miles left to "next service" and what service is due, A,B etc.?
If there is only 1000miles to the next service, doesn't mean the car isn't serviced.
Didn't u check the brake discs to see is there much left or almost nothing?
We surely need to check a lot of things by our selfs when buying not only believe to dealership.
I don't think they will cover anything but u still must give it a try

Best of luck

I feel your pain, I recently bought my car and was told it was serviced in September 2015.

Picked my car up around Xmas and assured me all was fine with the car and nothing would need doing until next due service, had car three months and done approximately 1500 miles and i need new pads and disc.
Not a happy chappie and I let them know I was not impressed with the BS about it being fine till next service

When I spoke with the sales guy he told me that the B3 service was carried out before I got her inc brake pads. He said it's just the computer now flagging it up at the scheduled time but has been done before this. He told me to bring it in and they'd clear the service reminder

When I spoke with the sales guy he told me that the B3 service was carried out before I got her inc brake pads. He said it's just the computer now flagging it up at the scheduled time but has been done before this. He told me to bring it in and they'd clear the service reminder

If you are happy to take his word it's pretty easy to reset the service reminder yourself.

Does the digital service history also show the B3 service above?

Before mine was due (B) it said A service next, even though it needed a B.

When I picked it up after the B it then read the next service due is A. Weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom