service reset problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnb

I have a 2002 W163 ML270 auto. When I reset the service indicator either with carsoft or by pressing button 1 on dash the display resets to 13000, but on engine restart the display shows 0 D and then counts down in negative number each day.

So after 2 days it show -2 D, 3 days -3 D etc.

What am I doing wrong or has dash gone base over apex?

John

Hi John,
Did you ever resolve the issue with your service reset,as I am having the same issue with my ML.
Paul

I have a 2002 W163 ML270 auto. When I reset the service indicator either with carsoft or by pressing button 1 on dash the display resets to 13000, but on engine restart the display shows 0 D and then counts down in negative number each day.

So after 2 days it show -2 D, 3 days -3 D etc.

What am I doing wrong or has dash gone base over apex?

John

I had the exact same problem on my ML some time ago when I acquired and used a scanner that had a service reset facility.
Previously, I had always reset it manually using the button on the instrument panel but immediately after using the scanner the indicator didnt work correctly and displayed 'minus days', etc, same as yours.
After trying various cures with no success I finally visited my local MB dealer who put it on star and 'recoded the instrument cluster, this cured the problem and all is now well again!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom