Service reset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marromeld

Car
Viano 3.0l Diesel
Hi,
I'm totally new to this but I've spent the last couple of hours searching forums etc. trying to find how to reset the service assyst on my '07 3.0l diesel Viano. I have version B instrument cluster with multi function steering wheel. It's 30 days over now & it's starting to annoy me that I can't reset it. Please, could someone help?

i could be wrong, but i don't think you can. pretty sure it has to be done when it's hooked up to the 'star diagnostics' machine (bet i've gone & made a fool of myself calling it the wrong thing! :eek: ).

Resetting the service indicator.

Pretty sure this can be done via the cluster... I have good contacts with MBUK workshop, and will try and get some instructions for you.

Can be done.Had to do it in mine after I've jump started it straight to battery.Them days I didn't know any better :]
Got print out somewhere.Just need to find it.

1. Turn the key in the steering lock to position 2.

2. Press the "M" button on the instrument cluster repeatedly until the "Remaining distance/remaining time" is displayed.

3. Within 10 seconds,turn the key in the steering wheel lock back to position "0".

4. Press and hold the "M" button.

5. Turn the key in the steering lock to position 2.Continue to press "M" button. The current remaining distance is shown in the multifunction display.After approx. 10 seconds, an acoustic signal sounds and the new remaining distance is displayed.

6. Release the "M" button.

It worked in mine 2004.

Yep, that's the info I've been getting but I don't have an 'M' button on my instrument cluster & I've got the multi-function steering wheel so none of the advice I've found so far matches what I have to work with. Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Been looking into this & yes it can be done via the steering wheel etc. & the info is available. However, it is only available to authorised dealers & agents using the star system from MB & CANNOT be accessed by the end user. This I find very frustrating as I purchased the vehicle from new & find that MB have decided that I'm not responsible or worthy enough to have access to it. I suspect the real reason is that they charge dealers & agents to have access to the info & the only way to get these people to buy into it is to ensure the vehicle owner are kept in the dark (heaven forbid end users start servicing their own vehicles)! As a consequence the only way to get the info is to hope that an anonymous agent may be willing to provide said info. It's a big ask, but if there is someone out there I'd appreciate the assistance, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom