service reset.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sheffield Col

Car
Mercedes 2014, C Class 220 Diesel Automatic Blutec W205
I have been trying to reset the service light on my 20ne14 c class W205, following instructions on youtube, ie. close doors & boot/bonnet turn key to position 1 scroll to trip on display, press ok. button and call accept button simultaneously. But nothing happens, What else should I do ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
did you follow this guide ?

I found on my Vaneo that the mileage display had to be set to odometer not trip before I started the reset procedure. It took me ages to reset the service indicator because none of the reset guides mentioned this.

I found on my Vaneo that the mileage display had to be set to odometer not trip before I started the reset procedure. It took me ages to reset the service indicator because none of the reset guides mentioned this.

My W204 is the same although the guide I found did mention the display had to be set to odometer before you start.

The owners manual only has half the procedure in it as well. There are no pages missing. It says no more than
Switch on ignition in position "2".

Immediately press reset button twice within a second. (1)
The service interval indicator is now enabled for 10 seconds.
Switch off the ignition within the display duration of 10 seconds. Turn the ignition key to the "0" position.

Press reset key and keep it depressed. (1)

Which is not enough to do the job as I'm sure you're aware.

The owners manual only has half the procedure in it as well. There are no pages missing. It says no more than
Switch on ignition in position "2".

Immediately press reset button twice within a second. (1)
The service interval indicator is now enabled for 10 seconds.
Switch off the ignition within the display duration of 10 seconds. Turn the ignition key to the "0" position.

Press reset key and keep it depressed. (1)

Which is not enough to do the job as I'm sure you're aware.

Sounds like it's easier just to get the damned car serviced :D

The following works for W204

1) Switch Ignition To Position 1. (Door Closed).

2) Scroll Through Main Screen To Show Total Miles.

3) Press Call Button & Hold, Then Within One Second Press OK Button & hold both for 5 seconds. (Assyst Plus Screen Displays).

4) Scroll Down To Full Service.

5) Choose Oil Grade & Follow Prompts.

Line 3 is the only difference from the video posted. Might be worth a try.

Sorted, I just kept on trying it. Now it's ok..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom