Service schedule for aftermarket warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is what your car 2014 should have had up to now (if it was serviced to the manufacture's schedule) - assuming less than 15,500 miles annually:

2015 - Service A

2016 - Service B (inc. cabin filter and keyfob batteries), brake fluid change

2017 - Service A, pano roof lubrication (if fitted)

2018 - Service B (inc. cabin filter and keyfob batteries), brake fluid change, air filter change, spark plugs change

2019 - Service A, ATF and filter change

2020 - Service B (inc. cabin filter and keyfob batteries), brake fluid change, pano roof lubrication (if fitted)

2021 - Service A

And next year:

2022 - Service B (inc. cabin filter and keyfob batteries), brake fluid change, air filter change, spark plugs change

So next year's service is a big one...
Thank you @markjay ! Our messages crossed, from what I can see on the service records, the ATF was not done in 2019, I called the garage to confirm, and they said that they did not do this...

Great feedback @markjay , thank you, and thanks for the welcome too! I am in agreement about getting the feel of the car, the immediate overheating fault made me a little wary, but thanks for the information regarding the dealer's obligations and my consumer / statutory rights, something I will bear in mind. A concern right now, after speaking to Klasse in Fulham who were able to scrutinise the Mercedes service records for the first 3 years, supplement by 3 years of standard "off the shelf" non Mercedes specific servicing, it appears that no maintenance of the gearbox / transmission (it's an automatic) has been executed for a while (definitely none since it's last Mercedes service in 2017), and the car now has 64k on the clock, is this something fairly urgent that I should get addressed?

Does your car have the 7G+ transmission, or the 9G?

The ATF and filter on the 7G+ are due every 5 years or 77,500 miles, whichever is sooner.

I believe that on a 9G they are is due every 77,500 miles, regardless of time - someone else may be able to confirm.

(My schedule above was based on the assumption of a 7G+, given that your 2014 car will be a very early W205 - I believe that the 9G only came later)

As for reliability... my W203 had a couple of faults during the 9 years I owned it, and my current W204 had a couple of faults in the 4 years that I had it so far, but nothing major that would break the bank - that said, you need to get a 'feel' of the car, some cars are good, some are less so - and, as the car is new to you, you probably don't have that 'feel' yet.
@markjay Indeed. One of my friends has a 2006 MB diesel. He's had it for 10 years, just takes it to Kwikfit every year for a service and he's never had a breakdown or a mechanical failure with the car!

Does your car have the 7G+ transmission, or the 9G?

The ATF and filter on the 7G+ are due every 5 years or 77,500 miles, whichever is sooner.

I believe that on a 9G they are is due every 77,500 miles, regardless of time - someone else may be able to confirm.
I believe it's the 7G+ transmission @markjay , so going by the 5 years, it should have been done in 2019!

I did have a warranty about 10 years ago on a c class and it failed an mot on a broken front spring and shock, i said to the garage that i had the warranty and he laughed they never pay out for that as its wear and tear, i got the book out and we both read it, he phoned them and it was covered. He told me he was shocked as they have never paid out for that before. I can't remember the name of them it was the one the car journalist used to put his name to. I think the company has been taken over by someone else now. But when i have looked at others i have seen wear and tear and I walk away. Good luck with the car, i have never taken another one out since, everyone has a different view but i will keep my money in my pocket and pay when it comes along.

I did have a warranty about 10 years ago on a c class and it failed an mot on a broken front spring and shock, i said to the garage that i had the warranty and he laughed they never pay out for that as its wear and tear, i got the book out and we both read it, he phoned them and it was covered. He told me he was shocked as they have never paid out for that before. I can't remember the name of them it was the one the car journalist used to put his name to. I think the company has been taken over by someone else now. But when i have looked at others i have seen wear and tear and I walk away. Good luck with the car, i have never taken another one out since, everyone has a different view but i will keep my money in my pocket and pay when it comes along.
Many thanks @merc estate , I am veering in that direction, I think my main priority now is to get the car serviced to the level it should be for it's age and mileage, as per Mercedes specifications, that's probably money that is better spent.

You can take the car to Terry at Wayne Gates in Harrow (West London), he'll give it a good inspection and tell you what needs to be done, and will also record on the MB Digital Service Book any service he carries-out.

You can take the car to Terry at Wayne Gates in Harrow (West London), he'll give it a good inspection and tell you what needs to be done, and will also record on the MB Digital Service Book any service he carries-out.

Great tip @markjay , I will look Terry up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom