Service Video Report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spinaltap

Car
A180 Avantgarde (2009) A180 Avantgarde (2012)
Yesterday, while waiting for my W169 to be serviced at Mercedes Birmingham, I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from the dealer.

This contained a video from the workshop technican showing their visual inspection of the underside of my car. This is probably more useful for those customers that have left their vehicles at the dealership rather than those who wait.

Apparently, this video reporting has only recently been introduced at Mercedes Birmingham. Is this practise widespread across the Mercedes network?

I got one from MB Hamilton for my service last week, quite cool I thought.

Same here from MB Newcastle......not really sure what the point of it is........
I wonder if they see faults if they show you on the video? Or if it's actually used incase you say there is bodywork damage when you pick it up?

Whatever the rational for providing footage of work/inspections, it is a good move and hope it catches on IMO.

Not something I'd ever be interested, I see it as marketing tool of some such. Much prefer they just work on the car rather than spending the time with this, after all time is money in the workshop and the customer always pays.

I received the same from JCT in Shefield.

Good idea IMO.

Just had a Sytner Club checkup at MB Northampton and received the video report too.
Short, precise and to the point.

I think it's an excellent idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom