Serviced a C240 today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frank O' Phile

Car
gone
My good friend asked me to give his C240 a service, so as the weather was good I did it today. (Got the parts over the weekend from those good people at GSF)

Got to say changing the plugs was exhausting. 12 of the blighters! and 6 of them you can actually see. Tried a few combinations of wrenches and attachments until I found one that worked. Plug socket (3\8), 3" extension (3\8), adaptor 3\8 - 1\2, and a ratchet. Perfect. Had to remove all coils, and move away the washer tank and airfilter top. Managed without removing the intake ducting though.

Along with some fresh oil and filters, nip up a wheel bearing, fix the squeaky sterring damper, replace 10w tail light bulbs with 5s (one socket was melting?) and all was well purring like a nice V6. :bannana:

SDC11053.jpg

Thanks for the help (you know who you are) :thumb:

ps. gratuitous shot of the bike too.

The job may have gone even better if you had used chocolate wholewheat biscuits when working on a petrol engine. I believe Hobnobs are more suited to the diesels :)

BTW: How long have you owned that Norbar torque wrench? I shudder to think how old mine is!

Thats a big rachet to be using on spark plugs no wonder you had to take the washer bottle out. lol

. I believe Hobnobs are more suited to the diesels :)

!

Blimey! don't let Mr. Walker hear that! :D

The job may have gone even better if you had used chocolate wholewheat biscuits when working on a petrol engine. I believe Hobnobs are more suited to the diesels :)
Can't be too fussy, Hobnobs (and hobnob creams) 2 for £1 on offer.:thumb:

BTW: How long have you owned that Norbar torque wrench? I shudder to think how old mine is!
It's been handed down from generation to generation. :D

Thats a big rachet to be using on spark plugs no wonder you had to take the washer bottle out. lol
Are you referring to the torque wrench or the trusty old Elora 1\2" ratchet? Never mind the washer bottle, I had to open the bonnet fully just to get it to turn.

Only 12 plugs - try changing 16 on clk500 and cl500!!

:D

I believe Hobnobs are more suited to the diesels :)
Now this is debatable. I find Chocolate digestive better on diesels and mobile fish and chip shop engines. Hobnobs are reserved for proper engines i.e. petrol :D:devil:

Blimey! don't let Mr. Walker hear that! :D
I heard it Andy and cant believe the foolishness of some folk :doh: :D:devil:

12 plugs, yes they are interesting to change arent they! My knuckles have only just healed after I changed mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom