Services and Eurocharge Map

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thebig1

Car
Mercedes C63
Hi Guys,

My car is in for a B1 service tomorrow at the dealer and it is re-mapped etc with a Eurocharge map.
Should I take the map off incase they notice or is there no way they can tell?

How do I take it off? I have the hand held etc

You have to basically load your standard map back on the handheld from laptop then download map
Wouldn't bother taking it off to be honest... Only reason they would possibly look for map is if there was damage and warranty claim

B1 service is only oil and filter. When they plug to check for faults, reset service warnning, would the map show up?

Also, will have to speak to Acid to see where he storred my stock and Eurocharge maps on my laptop and how to tell which is which.

B1 service is only oil and filter. When they plug to check for faults, reset service warnning, would the map show up?

Also, will have to speak to Acid to see where he storred my stock and Eurocharge maps on my laptop and how to tell which is which.

The file is already on your handheld.
You just plug it in and choose 'original' to return it to stock and when you want to go back to EC map, do the same but choose 'modified'.
There is so separate file for stock and modified map. It's all embedded into one single file.

The file is already on your handheld.
You just plug it in and choose 'original' to return it to stock and when you want to go back to EC map, do the same but choose 'modified'.
There is so separate file for stock and modified map. It's all embedded into one single file.

You sure.
I had a copy of stock and modified map on my laptop and handheld would only hold one map at a time (Dimsport handheld)....maybe changed now but that was a few years back.

You sure.
I had a copy of stock and modified map on my laptop and handheld would only hold one map at a time (Dimsport handheld)....maybe changed now but that was a few years back.

That's the case with the handheld I have (mygenius dimsport).
My car already had the map on it but no handheld so I purchased the handheld and had to remap the car as if I'm starting from scratch and asked Jerry for the stock tune file as he only sent me one file back. He then told me there is no separate file for stock tune as it's embedded into the single file he sent me back.

Hi,

Yes I took it off before then put it back on. Was very easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom