Servicing 722.6 gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
pilot bush is replaced on every oil change.
conductor plate is only replaced if it fails.
oil creeping under the carpet to TCU is from a bad leaking pilot bush

Today I took it out for a ride, when driving slowly everything was fine. After it was warm I gave it the kickdown and it dropped gear very violently. Is it a warning sign of anything? Sorry If I am not clear with words as I'm Maltese

28000 miles since last oil change comes to 17500 km if I'm correct?
28000 divided with 1,6 = 17500km??
IIRC oil change is every 4 or 5 years?
When was last oil change done, how many years ago?

Did you check the color, is it still red and fresh or blackish?
Does it smell like dog pee?

You could also have clogged oxygen sensors 2 of them in front, if these are bad car shows some strange behaviour shifting through gears mostly when you drive in D.

How can 23,000 miles be 17,500 km that's definitely wrong ?
Its 37,000km +a few

28,000 miles =45,061 km

28,000 miles =45,061 km

Must be something wrong with my calculator?
I must have divided instead of multiply the numbers.
28K comes to 44800 km to be exact.

It's good that your calc. seem to be okey! :thumb:

There's still something wrong with your calculation 🤣🤣

There's still something wrong with your calculation 🤣🤣

Normally we don't do miles in most European countries.

A german Merc runs on kilometers that's all that matters to me ;)
Anything else I know nuthin' about as I don't do miles, it's way to complicated to keep track off.

Normally we don't do miles in most European countries.

A german Merc runs on kilometers that's all that matters to me ;)
Anything else I know nuthin' about as I don't do miles, it's way to complicated to keep track off.
I imported mine from UK so its in miles

I imported mine from UK so its in miles

Vehicles sold by dealerships in your country, do they have miles or km clusters?
You have a double scale with miles and km on your car, it looks classy but the European cluster has a beefier 280 km / h scale where the UK double scale max top speed is only rated to 260 km / h if I remember correct?
Would doubt that a C43 would ever top max speed but the scale of 280 km / h looks very lovely in ivory. ;)

Vehicles sold by dealerships in your country, do they have miles or km clusters?
You have a double scale with miles and km on your car, it looks classy but the European cluster has a beefier 280 km / h scale where the UK double scale max top speed is only rated to 260 km / h if I remember correct?
Would doubt that a C43 would ever top max speed but the scale of 280 km / h looks very lovely in ivory. ;)
Road signs and speed cameras here are measured in km but still there are many cars sold new with miles on the cluster haha.

Well with the limiter on the C43 tops at about 250km(155mph) without it I think it will go over 260km.

European and Japanese C55's were injected with steroids!
These cars had 300 km / h scales so they were even more muscular! :banana:

My C55 goes up to 200mph = 321 KPH . So there . naa naa na naa na :banana:

....Although I would need to get the 155mph restriction removed and find a bloody steep (long) downhill to get even close :p

My C55 goes up to 200mph = 321 KPH . So there . naa naa na naa na :banana:

....Although I would need to get the 155mph restriction removed and find a bloody steep (long) downhill to get even close :p

Congrats :wallbash:

I was talking about W202 C55 AMG, this is a different car to your W203

Even their price is injected with steroids though haha they are the dream w202.

The C55's were only for the blessed and fortunate people with thick wallets :oops: :eek:
Stock C43 wasn't good enough so MB offered an injected version.
It was a very steep option to convert to C55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom