Servicing& computers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercedes lover

Car
Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 2003
Hi haven't been on the forum for ages, my service is coming up in two weeks, I was speaking to a mechanic who said that when you take your car in for a service they plug it in to the diagnostics computer which tells them what needs doing in that service.
Yet another mechanic told me that the service is just the set service the car goes in for, and that diagnostics are for when the car has a problem.
So I wondered if someone here could tell me how bigger a part does the computer part play in the service and do non dealers also plug the car into diagnostics when servicing.
Any info well appreiciated

With a car of your vintage , its a set service from guidelines.

Mercedes from around 2002/3 started to use the diagnostics to work out what needs doing :)

vintage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope that was meant in a nice way, otherwise no need for cheap shots at my car.

vintage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope that was meant in a nice way, otherwise no need for cheap shots at my car.

You asked the question, and got the answer, complete with Fuzzer's regards. What more do you want?

I don't think he meant it to sound like a cheap shot, more like a "car with your age"

I think Fuzzer answered your question in a constructive manner. I.E. Gave you the correct answer to your question

Regards,

Alex.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom