Servicing cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tezz

Car
A180 w169 2006 2.0 cdi
was curious what kind of bill I would get from MB to service my car and what they did on service, was a bit taken back £ 1142.48 , that was B service and AutoBox, mot and diagnostic I assume updates ect. plus any extras they find to do.

car is at 87000

even though the service book is up to date, decided to service myself.

Have checked car No error codes on any systems now

Have done air filter , cabin filter, battery, rear wiper and arm, drained flushed and refilled washers, have 20lts of oil, oil filter and fuel filter to go on

will change anti freeze and brake fluid, will check pads and discs when do fluid

do you think its wise to change V belt?

Thanks

Tezz

Preventative maintenance is key. Whether you do it now or later depends on if your keeping the car for a while or moving on shortly aswell.

My v belt snapped last year due to a worn out bearing.

Would changing the belt of helped? Probably not but i'm sure you can inspect the belt for fraying to see its condition.

Driving on the motorway losing power steering at 70mph is not a feeling i'd wish upon anyone!

Good job.

When was the fuel filter last changed?

And what do you intend to do regarding the ATF and filter change?

according to MB last recorded service electronically was at 57,600 miles it then went same independent until sold to me, if the service book is anything to go on last fuel filter was at 75,300, as it looks like I have the cheap type filter no electrics have a Bosch one to fit. Mots all seam to match servicing mileage or there abouts, car was last serviced at 83,000 ATF last done approx. 40,000 with brake fluid.

I don't think cars value warrants any big service or repair bills or would it add any value to car of this age, but for relatively small parts cost, im happy to do basics just so I know they were def done as looking at state of air filter and cabin filter has put some doubt in my mind. but fuel filter dose look newish as dose oil.

I chose to use Bosch parts as not had issue with them in past and oil to meet 229.1, Total cost of parts and fluids I recon will be about £115, but that gives me 14 litres of oil left over excluding ATF or work on drive belt, but covers air, cabin, oil, fuel, brake and antifreeze.

ATF why I recon I could do, is probably best left to Indi and hope they do it well, cost seams to be approx. £300

depending on how long car last, pads, discs, drop links , shocks, springs ect I usually think of service parts and replace as and when needed.

first diesel car and glow plugs look like they could be a pain to do.

Preventive maintenance I think is always good idea, but I have this feeling the biggest issue with this car is going to be the electrics, which is usually the most expensive part to fix, the most aggravating issue with car is water leaks into car, think I have now tracked them all down though

Thanks

Tezz.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom