Servicing "extra's"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grahamcarvlin

Car
c-class coupe 220 AMG sport plus, Alfa Romeo Spider, Kawasaki ZZR1400
Hi all
I bought the service pack for 4 services over 48 months. The car is now due it's first A service.

Knowing what dealers are like do you know what is likely to be an extra on these plans even though they are down as requiring to be done at certain intervals (and are therefore really standard). I am thinking along the lines of timing belts etc
Thanks

Hopefully you don't have a timing belt......

It should cover all 'scheduled' and 'additional' service items.

These are items that are replaced based on time or mileage regardless of condition.

But... not sure if it covers wear and tear items such as brake discs and pads etc.

Check the small print?

It should cover all 'scheduled' and 'additional' service items.

These are items that are replaced based on time or mileage regardless of condition.

But... not sure if it covers wear and tear items such as brake discs and pads etc.

Check the small print?

Does it cover the timing belt ?

I didn't think it covered extras like timing belts, brake fluid changes etc, just normal service items and labour.

i presume yours is diesel? no timing belt.timing chain. with regular servicing will last lifetime of car.
or so they say!.

i presume yours is diesel? no timing belt.timing chain. with regular servicing will last lifetime of car.
or so they say!.

Actually it won't. Plenty giving trouble on the m651 engine which the op has. Silly design runs at the back, and very expensive to put right when it jumps!!!!!!

Hi all
I bought the service pack for 4 services over 48 months. The car is now due it's first A service.

Knowing what dealers are like do you know what is likely to be an extra on these plans even though they are down as requiring to be done at certain intervals (and are therefore really standard). I am thinking along the lines of timing belts etc
Thanks

You're thinking of VW's crappy plans.

With the MB one, everything that is called for as a scheduled (by distance or time) service item is covered.

AFAIK the only one is the A Class 1.5 cdi IIRC :dk:

Apparently although we won't see them for a while. Ironically I bet the interval is longer than than 80 odd k it takes for an M271 to kiss the valves!!!!!

No help in this story but the MB Dealer does like to suggest extra jobs when they have the car.
Mine was in for a B Service - £300ish I think - and they rang up suggesting diff oil and atf change - £600 more.... I declined. It only has 6000 on the clock.

Apparently although we won't see them for a while. Ironically I bet the interval is longer than than 80 odd k it takes for an M271 to kiss the valves!!!!!

I'll be selling mine at 79,999 then.

No help in this story but the MB Dealer does like to suggest extra jobs when they have the car.
Mine was in for a B Service - £300ish I think - and they rang up suggesting diff oil and atf change - £600 more.... I declined. It only has 6000 on the clock.

Worry not, they won't suggest anything that is not strictly in the schedule if the car is covered by a service plan..

Hi all
Thanks for the comments.

I didn't think the likes of brake pads etc would be covered . But as brake fluid changes and auto gearbox oil changes are meant to be routine then I would expect them to be part of the deal ???

It's the 220diesel so from your feedback it's got a chain instead of a belt. Great !!

Hi all
Thanks for the comments.

I didn't think the likes of brake pads etc would be covered . But as brake fluid changes and auto gearbox oil changes are meant to be routine then I would expect them to be part of the deal ???

It's the 220diesel so from your feedback it's got a chain instead of a belt. Great !!

Everything you've written is correct.

You can see what's needed for the next service by putting the car's details in here: Mercedes-Benz ESS

Actually it won't. Plenty giving trouble on the m651 engine which the op has. Silly design runs at the back, and very expensive to put right when it jumps!!!!!!

I had this on my Insignia VXR, timing chains replaced as they stretched, something to do with contaminants in the oil as the suggested interval was apparently too long......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom