Servicing Feedback

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonsMerc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Merc S212 E350 CDI BlueEfficiency Sport 256bhp, Suzuki GSX-650F, Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic
I recently took my car to Ollie in PCS (the Friday before the GTG actually). Took it in for a B service, ended up paying twice the quoted price because of extra work that was found. However, the way it worked was:

- Ollie found that something extra needed doing
- worked out the cost of parts and cost of labour
- worked out if the parts were available locally and how long it would take to get them
- phoned me on my mobile and explained exactly what was needed and how much it would cost

I didn't in the slightest mind paying the extra (I don't even remember what it was for - something about a ball joint and some other stuff) because of the way it was arranged and explained. It wasn't "on time and at the price quoted" - it took longer and was more expensive - but because of the way it was handled I had enough trust to believe that it was exactly what the car needed.

To compare, last time I took the car in to my local Mercedes garage for an A service, I had a huge argument with them over a very small sum of money. It was for tiny things which just got on my nerves - I think it was stuff like washer fluid top up (invoiced separately as two items, for main fluid and for headlamp fluid), a bulb (which was working when I left the car - unless it blew while on site by freak coincidence, it didn't need changing), a wiper blade ("it was looking a bit tatty so we changed it for you"), and some other bits and pieces. But the way it was presented - simply tagged onto the invoice and not even mentioned - drove me mad.

So, good work PCS, down with MB Brentford!

-simon

Thats the problem with Olly, he's good at finding faults!

I've never been fortunate enough at any garage i've used with just a simple service bill. Always end up with extra items that need doing.

I chnage the drop links and ball joints on a W210 every year anyway, never seem to last me 2 so added them onto my yearly service bill!

I normally wait at Ollie's and he shows me any fault of potential problem first and hence i never even think about the bill afterwards. If it needs doing, it needs doing.

Glad you liked the service, that makes 2 ex GF customers happy with PCS.

When I took my car in for a service I got a call telling me my front discs and pads needed changing - and wiperblades were smearing - did i want them to change them - I asked the price - then said no.

Ollie did them for me at the GTG at a much better price....:rock:

But the point i wanted to make is my MB dealer NEVER does extras without calling first - I think (only had good experiences so far) that they are a good MB dealership and have no complaints about them - other than MB dealership prices.

Thanks guys.

Jack has now left to go travelling around Autsralia so I am back on my own with loads of work on.

Stressful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom