Servicing list - What each number/letter means

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackC55

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
E55K SL500 E250X2 Smart44 Brabus Track car E450Cabriolet X350 Pick up
Hi,

Seeing a post a minute ago has prompted me to think that maybe this might be helpful.

For anyone wondering what the number or letter means after their A/B service warning. I am adding to this list all the time when new things pop up, its taken me a while to devise this one. I have had two new letters in the last two days so there may be more still to come up.

I can't promise that is is 100% correct but it hasn't let me down so far and it is always worth checking the history first just in case something has been done in between services, for example gearbox oil/plugs, or that things may have been done early for whatever reason.

Hope it helps :)

Natacha

BF = Brake fluid
ATF = Gearbox oil
Sunroof = Clean and grease roof if you have one

A/B ‘0’ – Sunroof - sometimes + plugs if petrol (I have found on an AMG it usually means plugs as well)

A/B’1’ - BF

A/B ‘2’ – BF + sunroof

A/B ‘3’ – Air + Fuel (diesel) - Petrol = Air + Plugs

A/B ‘4’ – Air + Fuel + sunroof (diesel) – Petrol = Air+Plugs+ Sunroof

A/B ‘5’ – Air + Fuel + BF (diesel) – Petrol = Air + Plugs + BF

A/B ‘6’ – Air + Fuel + BF + sunroof - Petrol = Air + Plugs + BF + sunroof

A/B ‘7’ – ATF

A/B ‘8’ – ATF + Sunroof

A/B ‘9’ – ATF + BF

A/B ‘G’ – BF+Air+Fuel+Sunroof+ATF (diesel)-Petrol = BF+Air+Plugs+Sunroof+ATF

A/B ‘D’ – Air + Fuel + ATF (diesel) – Petrol – Air + Plugs + ATF

B’M’– Air + Fuel + Coolant (diesel) – Petrol – Air + Plugs + Coolant

‘H’ – Coolant

‘L’ – BF + Sunroof + Coolant

Hi BlackC55 , my 2014 W166 ML250 is showing next service due is A7 so does the 7 mean that the ATF is due a change in the gearbox although it has only done 28,000 miles.
Thanks Al.

...my 2014 W166 ML250...

The ATF and filter on the 7G+ autobox are due every 5 years or 77,500 miles, whichever comes first.

Your 2014 car will therefore be due the ATF and filter change this year (2019).

The ATF and filter on the 7G+ autobox are due every 5 years or 77,500 miles, whichever comes first.

Your 2014 car will therefore be due the ATF and filter change this year (2019).

Markjay thanks for clearing that up for me . Allen

Hi BlackC55 , my 2014 W166 ML250 is showing next service due is A7 so does the 7 mean that the ATF is due a change in the gearbox although it has only done 28,000 miles.
Thanks Al.
Yes.

This is a most useful guide to the many questions about services, deserves a bump at least.

A new one today!
‘F’ – Air + Fuel + ATF + BF (diesel) – Petrol - Air + Plugs + ATF + BF

Natacha

This morning I have had a C63 come up with a B0 service. It asked for a B service + Air filter + diff oil + sunroof. I checked the history as it was a new one on me and turned out it had an air filter and diff oil change 6k/2 years ago so didn't need doing. Always best to check history just in case!

Natacha

Thanks, this looks really useful!

I know I have a B service coming next, but can anyone tell me how I can figure which type of B service (i.e. what 'additional work') will take place?

Mercedes-Benz UK | Electronic Service Sheet

Put your vehicle details and mileage in this :)

It never shows the correct details for my car, there are two E350 CDIs for that year and it always thinks that both are BlueTec (not just BlueEfficiency) and goes on about filling the AdBlue tank etc... I'll give it another go now, but I find it a bit difficult to understand what's going on.

Essentially seems like it's just another oil/oil filter change even though it's a B service, which doesn't make sense to me.

It never shows the correct details for my car, there are two E350 CDIs for that year and it always thinks that both are BlueTec (not just BlueEfficiency) and goes on about filling the AdBlue tank etc... I'll give it another go now, but I find it a bit difficult to understand what's going on.

Essentially seems like it's just another oil/oil filter change even though it's a B service, which doesn't make sense to me.

Does the same for mine, I just ignore the Adblue references :)

I don’t understand the whole A/B service thing either

For my W211 I do an air/pollen/fuel/oil/oil filter change at EVERY service. I use Mann filters which are OEM and all the parts are less than £100... :)

Planning on doing the same for the W212 apart from the fuel filter as it’s £70, so I’ll do that every 2 years

I just discovered the same, the fuel filter has the pre-heater built into it making it excessively expensive. Progress eh!

My 2013 S212 is showing me it’s due a Service BD in 30 days. But the the gearbox oil have been changed over a year ago. So what does that mean?
Another strange thing is that it was showing it’s due service B7 previously but it changed to BD a while back. Any idea what’s going on?

My 2013 S212 is showing me it’s due a Service BD in 30 days. But the the gearbox oil have been changed over a year ago. So what does that mean?
Another strange thing is that it was showing it’s due service B7 previously but it changed to BD a while back. Any idea what’s going on?

'd' Means Air filter + Fuel filter (plugs if petrol) and gearbox oil. B7 means B + gearbox oil. If it has had gearbox oil out of its intervals/separate to a service then that's why its saying it needs it again. The car just goes on its age and mileage, it doesn't know if its had something out of synch. This is why its always important to double check the history just in case.

'd' Means Air filter + Fuel filter (plugs if petrol) and gearbox oil. B7 means B + gearbox oil. If it has had gearbox oil out of its intervals/separate to a service then that's why its saying it needs it again. The car just goes on its age and mileage, it doesn't know if its had something out of synch. This is why its always important to double check the history just in case.

Thank you for the detail. That’s exactly why I’m confused because the mileage is now around 92k while the gearbox oil is normally due to be changed around 77k or 5 years (if I’m not making a mistake). The gearbox oil has indeed been changed at 77k, so regardless of the fact that the car doesn’t know what has been done on it previously, why is it showing this message at this mileage/age?

Its possible that it thinks its missed having its gearbox oil done at 77k/5 years so has over run. I.e it thinks its still due it gearbox as its never been done before so it will just keep asking for it until you go into the system and say its been done and then it will reset to 5 years/77k. I didn't explain it very well in my first post, they get a bit confusing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom