Servicing list

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToeKnee

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
R230 SL500 in teal blue, R231 SL500 in black. (Vauxhall insignia diesel now sold) Black Ford Mondeo
Is there an online list of the servicing jobs that need doing on Mercedes cars, I've looked but can't find anything. The reason being my R231 SL is due it's 10th year service and according to the service booklet that came with the car it need a gearbox service every 5 years (doesn't do anywhere near the yearly mileage figure) so I'm expecting a gearbox service this year but according to ESS it's not showing. All other jobs are showing like coolant change and fuel filter etc just not the gearbox service. I'd like to be able to check the current service list before it goes in for the work to be done. Thanks.

Is there an online list of the servicing jobs that need doing on Mercedes cars, I've looked but can't find anything. The reason being my R231 SL is due it's 10th year service and according to the service booklet that came with the car it need a gearbox service every 5 years (doesn't do anywhere near the yearly mileage figure) so I'm expecting a gearbox service this year but according to ESS it's not showing. All other jobs are showing like coolant change and fuel filter etc just not the gearbox service. I'd like to be able to check the current service list before it goes in for the work to be done. Thanks.
ESS is effectively what the dealer will use to determine which additional items are due. You could always use the online service booking/quote to work out what’s due too. If all else fails; even if ESS says the transmission fluid change is not due, then there’s nothing stopping you having it down.

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate I can get the gearbox service done but it's on the final year of a service contract and if it is due I'd like Mercedes to do it through the contract.

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate I can get the gearbox service done but it's on the final year of a service contract and if it is due I'd like Mercedes to do it through the contract.
Ask when you book it in, and if the dealer says that it’s not required then call the Service Plan people and explain that the servicing requirements in the booklet state that it’s due every five years, and see what they say.

Try the online quote - but when prompted say that you do not have a device contract - it will then list the additional items due at that age and mileage.

If I remember right sone cars have the transmission fluid changed once only, so you might want to double check whether the booklet says “at” 5 years or “every” 5 years.

Again thanks. It definitely says every 5 years in the book which is why I was looking for an online check to see if Mercedes have changed the frequency in the last ten years. I've also tried the online quote but for some reason it just asks me to contact my local dealer even when I tick the no contract box.

Interestingly, if I put the details into ESS with a higher mileage it shows that an auto box service is needed (service 20 every 77500mls/5yrs). So it's already booked in for service so I think I'll have a chat with my service advisor on the day.

I now have the message "Service BT in 11 days" (definitely BT and not B7) The days are correct and it's booked in for a "B" service but what is a "BT" service? Could I be correct and it's asking for transmission even though ESS says not?
Anyone have an understanding of what BT service is?

I now have the message "Service BT in 11 days" (definitely BT and not B7) The days are correct and it's booked in for a "B" service but what is a "BT" service? Could I be correct and it's asking for transmission even though ESS says not?
Anyone have an understanding of what BT service is?
No idea what a BT is.

It’s worth asking about the transmission service on the basis that it’s in your service handbook, they can only say no. They’ll do it if you pay for it though, I’m sure.

You might need to stand your ground, depending what your dealer is like.

Mine initially refused to change the ATF at 5-years because it wasn't showing as due (possibly because car was booked in 6-weeks or so early). It took a lot of 'discussion' before they relented and agreed that it was due. At the time the car was on a service plan and they said 'we only get paid for what's on the system'. I explained that that was an issue for them to sort with MB, not me. They did it but it left me annoyed because if my wife had dropped it off or if they collected it, the ATF would not have been changed.

You might need to stand your ground, depending what your dealer is like.

Mine initially refused to change the ATF at 5-years because it wasn't showing as due (possibly because car was booked in 6-weeks or so early). It took a lot of 'discussion' before they relented and agreed that it was due. At the time the car was on a service plan and they said 'we only get paid for what's on the system'. I explained that that was an issue for them to sort with MB, not me. They did it but it left me annoyed because if my wife had dropped it off or if they collected it, the ATF would not have been changed.
Thanks, some good points there.

Is the above any help? See post #4

I knew I'd kept a link but couldn't find it earlier.

I did wonder if BT was actually B7 but I see that you've already covered that: coincidence that B7 is ATF? T for transmission?

Of course, the code in the car would only be correct if it's been reset correctly each year.

Thanks for your reply. I did look in that post by nothing about BT service, also looked online, again with no joy. I assume the assyst has been reset correctly as it has full Mercedes dealer service history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom