Servicing Plan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamief00

Car
E350 coupe
Am picking up my 2009 E350 CDI Coupe on Saturday (excited is an understatement). The dealer mentioned the fixed price servicing plan (i.e. 32 per month over 36 months covering 3 or 4 services). This sounds reasonable, but for example I think the car will need an ATF change in July when it is next serviced - would this be covered? Also does it cover brakes etc?

^ Hello

I bet your excited...

I have just had a call from our local garage and they are going to ring me back regarding this. For my wifes B class this could be handy? until I see the figures and what it covers...

Fixed price servicing is great at first you see a service for £299.......but

Oh on that millage you need a Brake fluid change, the ATF changed and the Air filters..

Suddenly your £299 service is £600 plus vat....

It makes me smile what is actually covered for the £299 bit...

Am picking up my 2009 E350 CDI Coupe on Saturday (excited is an understatement). The dealer mentioned the fixed price servicing plan (i.e. 32 per month over 36 months covering 3 or 4 services). This sounds reasonable, but for example I think the car will need an ATF change in July when it is next serviced - would this be covered? Also does it cover brakes etc?

It should cover the ATF but MB have a history of dropping this in and out of the electronic schedules, and if it isn't there, they won't do it. Put your car details in here: Mercedes-Benz ESS and bump the mileage up to say, 40K, and see if ATF is called for.

It won't cover brakes, apart from brake fluid change.

When I'd my service plan for my SL it included everything except wipers and tyres but that was a while ago. Well worth it then.

Don't know about the ATF element, you don't get a receipt of what's been carried out on the plan for some reason.

I went for the two services in two years for ~£30 a month. Just had the second of those two services today as it happens, and before they'd confirmed I was on the plan they'd quoted £879 for the service :eek:. So the £360 a year suddenly seems like a bargain.

Don't know about the ATF element, you don't get a receipt of what's been carried out on the plan for some reason.

When my ServicePlus plan finished, the dealer got into a right muddle about what had and hadn't been done so printed off copies of all the invoices.

The reason you don't get them is they get billed to MB at rates which are unbelieveable. MB doesn't lose money on these packages, and the dealers must be happy too as they push them pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom