Servicing Plans and costs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CannonW204

Car
C350 CDI 59 Plate
Hi there, i have recently purchased a C350 CDI 59 plate in a private sale and am sorting out little niggles with stuff, tyres etc. However am unsure as to servicing costs which seem odd to me, or maybe I'm missing something. The car is due a B service, has done 46k miles and full service history up until this point. Mercedes Guildford quoted me £876 for everything - Air filter, Fuel filter, Brake fluid and Gearbox fluid change.

I've come across from BMW and I was pretty good with getting dealer servicing etc however nigh on £900 is ridiculous. Mercedes Guildford even told me it would work out cheaper if I took out the service plan for £800 p year and I'd get the next service thrown in.

Am I being taken for a ride or is this what people would expect to pay? If anyone could point me in the direction of a breakdown of pricing that would be great.

Cheers,
Chris.

Stay away from main dealers - Find a decent Indy or better still DIY if you have the capabilty.

I have just had a quote for a B3 on a W204. I have the 180k, which I regret actually, 25 mpg and very little grunt. I have just been quoted £600. That's without gearbox oil changing.

I then decided to look for a decent Indy on here and got a much better offer of a sub £350 at WayneGates Mercedes. Using genuine parts and keeping my warranty intact. The digital service record is also kept up.

I haven't booked with them yet. But I intend to.

similar situ here with wifes slk bought from guildford, they quoted me 690 for an F service, am booking it with Wayne Gates in Harrow tomorrow at a much reduced price. I spoke to Terry at WG and he explained what this service covers.

Wayne Gates are mentioned in forums here, no doubt you will see Terrys posts

hope this helps

Last edited:
Mercedes UK cut back and rationalised so much 2009-2012 that they have insufficient capacity to service demand. Queues for servicing are being eliminated by jacking up pricing to reduce demand. In the period 2009-2012 they were offering all sorts of deals (eg 6+ labour rates = -40% of standard rate) to steal work back from the independents. Now the independents will start minting money again. I actually returned to main dealer servicing due to the convenience and hefty discount. However, I have just left them (again). They are just being greedy.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. I'll give Wayne Gates a call and check them out pricewise etc. Thought it was a little on the steep side and as long as a decent indy can do the same job and keep all of the service records properly intact I cant see a reason not to!

Hi

If you want me to put a quote together for you. I would be more than happy to.

I got a service package from MB costing me £62 per month for 2 services in a year. The first was an A0 (miner service with gearbox oil and filter change) the next one is gonna be a B3 service which is a major service. The Bloke who i spoke to when getting quotes and trust me they do differ quite abit said that i couldn't of timed it better as the first one i had was around the £550 mark on its own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom