servicing quotes from dealers and independents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mickl

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK280 W209
The car is due for an A service very soon so thought I'd phone around for quotes from a dealer to see how they compared to an independent.

After being put on hold for 10mins, I was put through to a customer service bod who didn't know a thing about servicing and he would get someone to call me back. 30mins later, received a call from the service department. When I told him it was for a C36, he says he couldn't find it on this model on his list and was it a Brabus......... :rolleyes: Puts me back on hold for another 10mins, comes back and says he still can't find it on the menu servicing list and will call me back. Finally calls back 40mins later with a quote after having spoken to the servicing manager.

I then phoned the independent, quote given and car booked in for following week. All in the space of 2mins.

Glad my car isn't still under warranty.

And what were the quotes and is the work like for like?

yep, like for like work.

£170+ ("an estimate, but maybe more once we see the car") from the dealer
£100 from the independent.

You could probably get away with saying it's a C280 if they don't know what a C36 is, I imagine the C280 and C36 are very similar servicing-wise, the C36 started life as a C280 after all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom