Servicing schedule

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldcro

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE
How strict are Mercedes regarding getting the car serviced within the time given on the days to next service displayed?

The reason I'm asking is that my car is due for an A service in 45 days time, so would it be acceptable to go over the 45 days by say up to another 14 days. I might have to visit Aberdeen around the 22th October and it would help if I got the car serviced then, rather than on the 12th October when it is actually due.

I would not want the later service if it could affect the warranty conditions. The cars mileage is quite low so that might help.

Visiting Aberdeen twice in a month is not my idea of fun as well as being rather costly in time and money, so hoping the later service would be acceptable.

There is a provision in the service book to record how much is left till the service is due - or for that matter, by how much the car was late, but my dealer did not write anything there anyway.

Someone will surely know the answer, but in the mean time...

Reset the service indicator, visit the garage when you like, they will probably not say a word (i.e. they will you that you should come back in 13k miles because you don't need a service yet ...) as they are unlikely to reject anyone who is willing to pay £££ for a dealer service - needed or not. :D

If they do query it - which I doubt, because even though STAR will show when it was last reset, I don't think they actual bother reading the mileage left, they just will reset it again - you could always say that you just played around with the instrument cluster buttons and reset it by mistake :devil:

Or you could just do the decent thing and have it services before you go away... ;)

Last edited:
22th October and it would help if I got the car serviced then, rather than on the 12th October

Well that's only 10 days which I can't for the life of me imagine would be a problem, but you want to drop the dealer an email (so you've got something in writing) and ask them.

I wouldn't reset the service indicator as suggested above - for one thing it might change the service required from an A to a B and that could be messy.

....I wouldn't reset the service indicator as suggested above - for one thing it might change the service required from an A to a B and that could be messy.

Good point.... :(

....I wouldn't reset the service indicator as suggested above - for one thing it might change the service required from an A to a B and that could be messy.

Good point.... :(

Unless.... you reset it twice? :devil:

What if you booked it in for service before the due date? That would surely"qualify" it? No dealer is going to be able to service a car immediately anyway. Best to check with the dealer but unless you are going to be travelling 1,000s of miles just prior to the service it shouldn't be a problem?

Last edited:
Looks like it should be no problem delaying the service for a short time. I'll know more once I get definite dates for the Aberdeen trip. Thanks for helping me decide folks.

As above i would mess with reset untill servoce asnit will muck around with the general intervals.

My S210 spent its life having "B" services before being sold to the owner before me. That owner missed the MB service interval and had it serviced (albeit just once) at his local garage.

He traded in the car (BAD rust on the front wings) for a Honda. Honda offloaded into the trade. Because the rust on the front wings was SO bad the car was stood for a year before I bought it. :rolleyes: Yeah, I know, but I got £2k off the screen price (I'd seen the car months earlier and thought it too expensive).

Although it was 6, years old, I took the car to MB at Macclesfield and said I'd like them to look after the car and that I'd like to claim on the bodywork warranty, arguing that I couldn't keep up the service history whilst I didn't own the car.

Result was, 2no, brand new wings and a brand new tailgate that I didn't even ask for!

So I'd say MB wouldn't dream of voiding any warranty if you are a few days weeks late. You could always say you were holidaying or unwell..

Last edited:
How strict are Mercedes regarding getting the car serviced within the time given on the days to next service displayed?

The reason I'm asking is that my car is due for an A service in 45 days time, so would it be acceptable to go over the 45 days by say up to another 14 days. I might have to visit Aberdeen around the 22th October and it would help if I got the car serviced then, rather than on the 12th October when it is actually due.

I would not want the later service if it could affect the warranty conditions. The cars mileage is quite low so that might help.

Visiting Aberdeen twice in a month is not my idea of fun as well as being rather costly in time and money, so hoping the later service would be acceptable.
Why risk losing the warranty. Just phone your dealer and ask what MB regard as an acceptable time lag.

Could MB Aberdeen not arrange for the car to be collected from you, and driven back. Sometimes they offer this service.

You can but ask....

And Aberdeen isn't too bad ;)

Could MB Aberdeen not arrange for the car to be collected from you, and driven back. Sometimes they offer this service.

You can but ask....

And Aberdeen isn't too bad ;)

Are you serious Steve? It is Shetland I live, not Stonehaven.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom