Servicing taking the p!sh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Atchi123

Car
CLA 45 AMG Shooting Brake
Had my AMG CLA 45 for a few months and its due its first 10k service (A). Local dealer quoting £590 for this?? I know its a performance car but I've had Audi S4, Evo X, etc previously and don't remember it being that high for a first service??

Have you considered a service plan which I believe is £35 a month for an annual service.

My 2004 SL500 is shortly due an A service.....would you believe MB want nearly £1k!!!!! If I just go for an oil and filter change its £159 on the 7+ year service but I think that is still a lot for a 30min job.

flowrider99 said:
My 2004 SL500 is shortly due an A service.....would you believe MB want nearly £1k!!!!! If I just go for an oil and filter change its £159 on the 7+ year service but I think that is still a lot for a 30min job.

Perfect time to purchase a service plan.

Id never take a 13 year old Merc to a main dealer...

flowrider99 said:
Not worth it for me, I can do some of the service items myself and have a local indy to do the rest.

How much did your Indy quote for the same work as the £1k quote?

Don't know why a lot of people praise the service plan on here, it rarely turns out to be a better deal than what you'd be paying for your service anyway. I'd rather keep the money in my account.

Last edited:
If you have a car that needs to be serviced at the dealers for warranty/mobilo purposes, then a service plan is probably the way to go.

If not, then an Indy is advised if you want to keep the FSH or DIY if it's an old banger like mine

The £1k quote must include many additional items though.

geraldrobins said:
The £1k quote must include many additional items though.

Yep hence it makes sense to take out a service plan it will be far cheaper.

The OP's quote doesn't sound too far off the mark to me. My experience of MB servicing / repairs was that the bill started off at a minimum of £500 and then increased by multiples of that amount. It is one of the reasons I no longer drive a Mercedes.

Service plan also inflation proofs the costs

I suggested it. I didn't recommend it but I think it is worth considering.

Maybe I have read it wrong and take it back. Never looked at the service plan in detail, except from checking the monthly cost against actual servicing cost.

I'm sure that there will also be ample of exclusions in the scheme.

have used that service checker tool. wow! price difference between dealers of up to £130. how can they justify that?? will be back on the phone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom