Servicing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markymerc

Car
C Class Estate AMG Sport
Dropped my car off for its A service last night. Got a brand new E Class Coupe as a courtesy car. Very happy.

After an hour got a call from the service manager who said it had gone early and they found the wipers not clearing the windows as well as they should (Iknew that already) and if I would like them replacing??

After asking how much it would be even thought he labour would be free I turned down their offer of wipers for £48!!

He has just rang again to inform me that my car is ready and I can collect it at anytime I like.

Shame I have to give the Coupe back though.

Happy days.

MB dealers used to do wipers on a fixed price of around £29/pair. All that stuff seems to be gone now.

Wonder if they'd finished your service in a hour - presumeably they'd have waited until finished before calling you in case other work arose?

They did the health check last night and the oils filters etc today.

I must say they are very good. The bloke I deal with is a pleasure to deal with.

Halfords Bosch wiper blades are £36.99.

I am paying £26 nearly half of what Mercedes wanted for the exact same things!

That aside a great service provided by Mercedes.

MB dealers used to do wipers on a fixed price of around £29/pair. All that stuff seems to be gone now.

Wonder if they'd finished your service in a hour - presumeably they'd have waited until finished before calling you in case other work arose?

Look at eBay, there are main dealers still doing genuine ones on there for around this price.

I found that after market ones were around about the same price if not more.
One thing to note:
Genuine wiper blades have small little metal weights which help push the blade down on the screen giving you no noises ETC.
Most after market ones do not have these weights installed (even the OEM ones) so you might get some unwanted squeaking

I used on my W203 both original MB (made by SWF / Valeo) and Bosch Aerotwin, both cost around £25-£30 a pair online, and I found them both to be equally good. Hope this helps.

W204 Facelift. Bosch wiper kit from Halfords £39.99. Totally silent opperation. Reduced to about £32.00 using my Trade Card. Originals were 3 years old and getting a little noisy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom