Servicing

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by Markymerc, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Markymerc

Markymerc Active Member

Car:
    C Class Estate AMG Sport
    Dropped my car off for its A service last night. Got a brand new E Class Coupe as a courtesy car. Very happy.

After an hour got a call from the service manager who said it had gone early and they found the wipers not clearing the windows as well as they should (Iknew that already) and if I would like them replacing??

After asking how much it would be even thought he labour would be free I turned down their offer of wipers for £48!!

He has just rang again to inform me that my car is ready and I can collect it at anytime I like.

Shame I have to give the Coupe back though.

Happy days.

2. Rory

Rory MB Club Veteran

Car:
    C270CDi Estate (2004 facelift model)
    MB dealers used to do wipers on a fixed price of around £29/pair. All that stuff seems to be gone now.

Wonder if they'd finished your service in a hour - presumeably they'd have waited until finished before calling you in case other work arose?

3. OP
    OP
    Markymerc

Markymerc Active Member

Car:
    C Class Estate AMG Sport
    They did the health check last night and the oils filters etc today.

I must say they are very good. The bloke I deal with is a pleasure to deal with.

Halfords Bosch wiper blades are £36.99.

I am paying £26 nearly half of what Mercedes wanted for the exact same things!

That aside a great service provided by Mercedes.

4. Sooty_uk

Sooty_uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK W209 220 CDi Avantgarde
    Look at eBay, there are main dealers still doing genuine ones on there for around this price.

I found that after market ones were around about the same price if not more.
    One thing to note:
    Genuine wiper blades have small little metal weights which help push the blade down on the screen giving you no noises ETC.
    Most after market ones do not have these weights installed (even the OEM ones) so you might get some unwanted squeaking

5. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    I used on my W203 both original MB (made by SWF / Valeo) and Bosch Aerotwin, both cost around £25-£30 a pair online, and I found them both to be equally good. Hope this helps.

6. Oneilly

Oneilly Active Member

Car:
    Car
    Living up to their reputation as steelers

7. druand

druand New Member

Car:
    c200 cdi blue efficiency
    W204 Facelift. Bosch wiper kit from Halfords £39.99. Totally silent opperation. Reduced to about £32.00 using my Trade Card. Originals were 3 years old and getting a little noisy.

Tags: